Sennheiser GAME ZERO Mic help

My Sennheiser game zero came in the mail yesterday and today I was going to use it. However the audio works fine but the mic is not. 

I plugged the jack into this one since the first 2 are mic and microphone. Did I needed to buy the Sennheiser PCV 05 Combo Audio Adapter for it to recognize my headset in order for the microphone to work? It will show this when i plug the headset jack into the laptop (MSI GT70) and when I go to audacity it doesn't show an option for my headset just the built in laptop microphone, and when I used the StarTech MUYHSFMM 3.5mm 4 Pin to 2x3 Pin 3.5mm Headset Splitter Adapter the mic would work fine but the sound quality will sound like a fan is blowing in my mic

post-266561-0-79219600-1443880218.png

post-266561-0-30837600-1443880442.png

I don't think it considered the mic as an external device if you plug it into the jack. 

but when i used my StarTech MUYHSFMM 3.5mm 4 Pin to 2x3 Pin 3.5mm Headset Splitter Adapter and plug it in the mic and audio jack it will recongize the headset, but the microphone had a really bad static and not sure if it's the splitter and using the wrong one or what   

but when i used my StarTech MUYHSFMM 3.5mm 4 Pin to 2x3 Pin 3.5mm Headset Splitter Adapter and plug it in the mic and audio jack it will recongize the headset, but the microphone had a really bad static and not sure if it's the splitter and using the wrong one or what   

Don't use a splitter

They suck

Just plug the micrphone into mic jack and headset to headphone jack

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

There should be two plugs coming from your headset The green tipped one is for audio and the pink tipped one is for the microphone. As long as you stick it in the right hole, it should be fine.

Oh sorry guys I found the problem I didnt see the other cord in my package was hidden in the black case