Need a low profile card for friend

Jandraelune

Here's the problem. He is working off a prebuilt dell with the motherboard basicly upside down from standard and thus any card that takes two slots will not fit, but the slot is a pcie16x 2.0 . He has a radeon 5450 atm...plunty of cards will fit the slot, but not enough space for anything of quality. I have a card sitting around but its a duel slot card so its a no go.

Don't want to get into the costs of a full new system which it would take to fit a duel slot card.

But if anyone knows of a non-techie way to shoehorn a duel slot into it for someone that has no experience doing it them self. I would do the work but he lives on west coast us and I on east coast.

you can just replace the case

CPU - i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz l CPU Cooler - Nepton 240m l GPU - MSI GTX970 gaming 4g 2-way SLI l SLI Bridge - MSI Gaming 2-way L Pro l Mobo - MSI Z97-G45 Gaming l RAM - 2x8GB Vengeance Pro 2133mhz DDR3 l PSU - Corsair HX750i l SSD - 2x Samsung 840 Evo 250GB in raid 0 | HDD - WD Black 2TB | Case - NZXT H440 Red/Black l OS - Windows 10 l Mouse Logitech G502 l MousePad - XTRFY NiP lightning l KeyBoard - Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB (Red) | Headset - Asus ROG Spitfire | Monitor - Asus PG279Q - VG248QE l PCPP - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sxTpsY | Please don't buy CX PSU for a high end PC

PCI-E riser and some ghetto modding and problem solved.

with the PCI-E riser you can put the graphics card where you want.

Or if you want to go full ghetto and cheap, just take it all out of the case and put it in a box! :P

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

The case is't the issue. The mobo is literally upside down. The pcie slot is still at top but the mobo instead of being on the right hand side is on the left hand side...so that in its self cancels the new case option with out getting a new mobo as well.

PCI riser for the same reason is out. Because all standard hardware is made for mobos being on the right hand side.

-------

Did some looking around and its a modified btx mobo.