Computer can't handle minecraft! (with a GTX 970 & an i5-4690k)

logan

So, i like minecraft, but for some reason my rig has problems with it;

here is a vid i made of the problem im having (i just made this vid like 5 minutes ago [now 25 cause took 20min to upload 2 min vid]) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd8maa2dVDQ 

before you guys say "your playing on the highest settings" or "you have it on Amplified" , that is because i have a GTX 970, and i had gpu-z open, it said it was only using 10% of its total awesomeness......i also had task manager open, it said it was only using like 50% of my cpu, and ram was using about 3500mb (3.5gigs) out of my 16gigs

my specs:

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K
  • CPU cooler: Hyper 212 evo
  • GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 970
  • MOTHERBOARD: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z87
  • OS (operating system): Windows 8.1
  • Hard drive: Western Digital Blue 1TB
  • SSD: Silicon Power S60 120GB (BOOT)
  • RAM: 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance Pro (2x8)
  • CASE: Cooler Master Storm Stryker
  • KEYBOARD: CM Storm Devastator

THAT MOMENT YOU DISASSEMBLE YOUR COMPUTER....AND REASSEMBLE IT ....JUST SO SENPAI WILL NOTICE YOU

So, i like minecraft, but for some reason my rig has problems with it;

here is a vid i made of the problem im having (i just made this vid like 5 minutes ago [now 25 cause took 20min to upload 2 min vid]) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd8maa2dVDQ 

before you guys say "your playing on the highest settings" or "you have it on Amplified" , that is because i have a GTX 970, and i had gpu-z open, it said it was only using 10% of its total awesomeness......i also had task manager open, it said it was only using like 50% of my cpu, and ram was using about 3500mb (3.5gigs) out of my 16gigs

my specs:

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K
  • CPU cooler: Hyper 212 evo
  • GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 970
  • MOTHERBOARD: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z87
  • OS (operating system): Windows 8.1
  • Hard drive: Western Digital Blue 1TB
  • SSD: Silicon Power S60 120GB (BOOT)
  • RAM: 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance Pro (2x8)
  • CASE: Cooler Master Storm Stryker
  • KEYBOARD: CM Storm Devastator

Optifine.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1272953-1-8-8-optifine-hd-e2-fps-boost-hd-textures-aa-af

You can Blame JAVA for lame performance.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

How much ram you have allocated? I have 3.5 and I run it just fine, ( don't go above 4 )

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

How much ram you have allocated? I have 3.5 and I run it just fine, ( don't go above 4 )

I have 16gb total ram, i have 8gb allocated

THAT MOMENT YOU DISASSEMBLE YOUR COMPUTER....AND REASSEMBLE IT ....JUST SO SENPAI WILL NOTICE YOU

f3+b will reload chunks

if all else fails, reinstall minecraft

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

I have 16gb total ram, i have 8gb allocated

8GBs allocated to minecraft? No turn that down to 4. Don't know how to explain it but Minecrsft runs weird with more then 4 allocated. Also go to a normal world and turn max frame rate to unlimited and see how much FPS you get.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

Java is a piece of shit.

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

something is wrong with minecraft, you have good fps, low usage and horrible chunk loading.

AKA problem with minecraft, try the 4gb suggestion.

Case: Define R4 (Black - Window) | PSU: EVGA Supernova 850w Gold | Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) | CPU: Intel i7 4790K (Devil's Canyon) Delidded with CLU  GPU: ASUS STRIX 980 TI | Cooler: Corsair H100i with CLU | Extra: NZXT Hue

8GBs allocated to minecraft? No turn that down to 4. Don't know how to explain it but Minecrsft runs weird with more then 4 allocated. Also go to a normal world and turn max frame rate to unlimited and see how much FPS you get.

something is wrong with minecraft, you have good fps, low usage and horrible chunk loading.

AKA problem with minecraft, try the 4gb suggestion.

I lowered it to 4gb, dident help, also optofine is now installed, i have everything on max....and get like 250-400 fps....but it still has bad chunk loading

I lowered it to 4gb, dident help, also optofine is now installed, i have everything on max....and get like 250-400 fps....but it still has bad chunk loading

Optifine has chunk loading options, Play around with the smooth and multi core options.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Is this on Amplified? My 3 year old A6-3650 runs amplified at 60FPS. Are drivers up to date? How does it run on let's say a mod pack like FTB? A regular vanilla world?

Optifine has chunk loading options, Play around with the smooth and multi core options.

Is this on Amplified? My 3 year old A6-3650 runs amplified at 60FPS. Are drivers up to date? How does it run on let's say a mod pack like FTB? A regular vanilla world?

I went to the chunk loading options, changed it to where it whould really lower my fps and load chunkes bettter/faster.....it dident work

yes this is on amplified.... my driver's are always at newest one's.....and i dont run mod packs....but on a normal world it still has the chunk loading issue\\falling out of sky issue...

I went to the chunk loading options, changed it to where it whould really lower my fps and load chunkes bettter/faster.....it dident work

yes this is on amplified.... my driver's are always at newest one's.....and i dont run mod packs....but on a normal world it still has the chunk loading issue\\falling out of sky issue...

What JAVA Version do you have installed?

What JAVA Version do you have installed?

my browser wouldent detect it, so i think this is it .... maybe...

post-113807-0-04002100-1440978905.png