recommended PCIE WiFi card

anfor68

what PCIE WiFi card would you guys recommend with gaming with my friend and watching YouTube videos at 1080p being the most intensive task (so far)?

thanks in advance.

what PCIE WiFi card would you guys recommend with gaming with my friend and watching YouTube videos at 1080p being the most intensive task (so far)?

thanks in advance.

TP-LINK WDN4800 is what I use

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

TP-LINK WDN4800 is what I use

Excellent adapter; install it, download & install the drivers and signal(s) instantly become available even before you close the installation window.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

thanks in advance.

I use an edimax wifi usb dongle and it works fine, keep in mind I am like 15ft from the router tho

I use an edimax wifi usb dongle and it works fine, keep in mind I am like 15ft from the router tho

do you happen to know the model? I was thinking to get a USB dongle as well

I do have a TP-Link AC1750 PCI-E card. I have a stable 877Mbit/s link to the access point (and the NAS atched to it).

If you manage to get an used one for cheap like I did, it is a grat card. Otherwise it will be a bit overpowered and expensive for you.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

thanks guys for all the recommendations, but I went with the Edimax AC600 mini USB WiFi adapter since my TimeWarner connection caps at 50Mbps right now

thanks guys for all the recommendations, but I went with the Edimax AC600 mini USB WiFi adapter since my TimeWarner connection caps at 50Mbps right now

Bad choice. USB adapters usually have smaller antennas, and are generally far less powerful than pci. They are also usually slower due to down-sizing of components.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

Ignored all posts except one and as a result made a bad purchase. USB adapters are slower, get worse signal, and tend to be less reliable then PCIe cards, not to mention use up a USB port. Also 600Mbps is nothing special for AC.

The Gigabyte or TP-Link cards stated in the other posts that you ignored would have been much better choices.

"Rawr XD"

Ignored all posts except one and as a result made a bad purchase. USB adapters are slower, get worse signal, and tend to be less reliable then PCIe cards, not to mention use up a USB port. Also 600Mbps is nothing special for AC.

The Gigabyte or TP-Link cards stated in the other posts that you ignored would have been much better choices.

I am fully aware of what you said, and I did not mean to ignore all of the people who helped, but as a student living by himself with no money I had to settle for the cheaper option.

when I (eventually) build a new computer though, will have a PCI-E WiFi card.