Skyrim colors look like shit

itachipirate

These are screenshots of my game, on the lowest possible brightness setting

Kr0y4Sg.jpg

K1PNVlX.jpg

I've tried every lighting mod I can think of and no matter what the colors are always way WAY too bright during the day, the ground and rock textures are so bright you can't even tell what color they are. Everything is just bright bright white. During the night it looks better
Mods: I've gone through RLO, CoT, and my current mod used in the image RCRN HDR. I had PureVision ENB but I didn't like it, I've uninstalled the ENBseries binaries altogether

Update.esm=1
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp=1
Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm=1
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm=1
Gray Fox Cowl.esm=1
HighResTexturePack01.esp=1
HighResTexturePack02.esp=1
HighResTexturePack03.esp=1
SkyUI.esp=1
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp=1
Wintermyst - Enchantments of Skyrim.esp=1
Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp=1
Disparity.esp=1
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp=1
Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp=1
Immersive detection of NPC.esp=1
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp=1
Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp=1
Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp=1
RealShelter.esp=1
Undeath.esp=1
OBIS.esp=1
Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp=1
OBISDB.esp=1
dD-DG-DB-Immersive Creatures EBT Patch.esp=1
The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp=1
PassiveWeaponEnchantmentRecharging.esp=1
Dead Body Collision.esp=1
Headtracking.esp=1
ISCompendium Enhanced Blood Patch.esp=1
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp=1
AHZmoreHUD.esp=1
Extended UI.esp=1
TanningSmeltingExp.esp=1
Brawl Bugs CE.esp=1
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp=1
Immersive Weapons.esp=1
WATER DG + DB.esp=1
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp=1
SMIM-Merged-All.esp=1
Immersive Patrols II.esp=1
SFO - Dragonborn.esp=1
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp=1
Unique Uniques.esp=1
DA_Skyship.esp=1
Chesko_Frostfall.esp=1
WheelsOfLull.esp=1
BlackreachRailroadNew.esp=1
Sneak Tools.esp=1
Sneak Tools Vanilla Masks.esp=1
Sneak Tools Vanilla Hoods.esp=1
DeadlyMutilation.esp=1
WATER Plants.esp=1
summersetisles.esp=1
Brevi_MoonlightTales.esp=1
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp=1
Better Vampires.esp=1
RSPatch.esp=1
Better Dynamic Snow.esp=1
Moss Rocks.esp=1
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp=1
Bashed Patch, 0.esp=1

Skyrim.esm=1

Someone please help me. I was playing vanilla Skyrim on another installation and the colors looked so so so much better... I don't know what I've done to my installation, but no matter what it looks like absolute garbage. I've tried using no lighting mods with my installation but it still looks like trash. Seems to have begun after uninstalling ENBseries. Please help me, it hurts my eyes so badly to play like this

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

EnB strikes again, most over rated mod ever

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Does this appy to a new game? If so try checking the ini files. There maybe some settings changed there.

Specs: [CPU: Intel i5-4570(Clock to 3.6Ghz)] [GPU: Dual-X R9 270x 2GB] [RAM: x1 HyperX Blu 8GB 1600] [OS: Win8.1]

Does this appy to a new game? If so try checking the ini files. There maybe some settings changed there.

I'll reset the inis and try, one sec

EDIT: Problem persists

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

I'll reset the inis and try, one sec

Also double check if you have left over ENB files in your Data folders and so.

Specs: [CPU: Intel i5-4570(Clock to 3.6Ghz)] [GPU: Dual-X R9 270x 2GB] [RAM: x1 HyperX Blu 8GB 1600] [OS: Win8.1]

Also double check if you have left over ENB files in your Data folders and so.

I've gone through removing them a lot of times, do you know of any I may have possibly left over by accident? Is there any kind of color palette that may have been modified that I could get a vanilla copy of? Anything! I want this to look good so badly

What was the ENB you used? Try downloading it again and open it and see what it actually had place into your files.

Edit:

Nevermind

And this is why the very first thing you should do before playing is mod the shit out of it (aka, mod it until the game doesn't even launch, then remove the mods 1 by 1 until it works again).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Takes 24 ingame hours for weather moded to fully take effect or so some of the readme files say. Maybe change you monitors brightness or gama.

Takes 24 ingame hours for weather moded to fully take effect or so some of the readme files say. Maybe change you monitors brightness or gama.

I'll wait 48 hours ingame and see if that helps, thanks for posting

What was the ENB you used? Try downloading it again and open it and see what it actually had place into your files.

Edit:

Nevermind

I'll try installing a different ENB and see if that helps. Thank you!

Meanwhile me on a CRT:

UHG. EVERYTHING'S SO DAMN DARK. IM AT 100 BRIGHTNESS, IT'S NIGHT AND I STILL CAN'T SEE SHIT!

Turn down your gamma, a bunch, then lemme see a screencap of that please

Troubleshooting a pc will make you believe in gremlins.

--Thread killer--

Turn down your gamma, a bunch, then lemme see a screencap of that please

The gamma is as low as it would go on the ingame slider

Edit:

Nevermind

I installed another ENB and that fixed the issue. I hate this, I'm just locked into using ENB forever since it broke my game installation. It's so dumb that even the most powerful PCs drop to 40fps for the small graphical improvement you get with an ENB. 40fps is not playable to me

I installed another ENB and that fixed the issue. I hate this, I'm just locked into using ENB forever since it broke my game installation. It's so dumb that even the most powerful PCs drop to 40fps for the small graphical improvement you get with an ENB. 40fps is not playable to me

Ok....my GTX 970 manages to maintain 60FPS no matter what I do. My GTX 650ti on the other hand manages around 30FPs at 1080p.

PMSL

Ok....my GTX 970 manages to maintain 60FPS no matter what I do. My GTX 650ti on the other hand manages around 30FPs at 1080p.

it just depends on mods and the ini setting for them. Verdant grass mod seems to be the biggest killers for me, grass textures 15,density 50.grass everywhere!

it just depends on mods and the ini setting for them. Verdant grass mod seems to be the biggest killers for me, grass textures 15,density 50.grass everywhere!

I leave the mod settings after installing it-so maybe that's why I'm having no problems. (*sigh If I could only offload some of the work to my GTX 650ti OC 2GB)

Edit: And damn, I just looked at its Nvidia page, my GTX 650ti supports DX 12.

PMSL

I leave the mod settings after installing it-so maybe that's why I'm having no problems. (*sigh If I could only offload some of the work to my GTX 650ti OC 2GB)

Edit: And damn, I just looked at its Nvidia page, my GTX 650ti supports DX 12.

try that grass mod. Dx12 eye candy is probably going to kill the 970 let alone a 650ti, well have to wait a bit longer for dx12 sugary goodness to see.

try that grass mod. Dx12 eye candy is probably going to kill the 970 let alone a 650ti, well have to wait a bit longer for dx12 sugary goodness to see.

I'm actually using it :P. And TBH I'm not expecting performance of these 'first' generation DX 12 cards to be that good considering what previous versions of DX have been like at launch.

PMSL

My 970 and i5-4590 get around 40-50fps average when using RealVision ENB. PureVision was usually fine

The gamma is as low as it would go on the ingame slider

you can lower in your os, and monitor and there ya go, not a game fix, but an eyeball fix. lol

Troubleshooting a pc will make you believe in gremlins.

--Thread killer--

If your playing on the highest graphics with ENB and wish to get more FPS. Go to your ini file and change your shadow resolution to 2048. It help boots my performance significally without making the game look ugly one bit