A case that would do air cooling good now, but still be perfect later for extreme water cooling

Zaabi
Go to solution Solved by TheBLOODYTOXIC,

I think 3970X is a good investment if you are planning to keep your system for aprox 7 Years

Cases can be the 800D but if you are stuck by your Corsair retailer you can pick a:

CM Storm Trooper

CMStorm_Trooper.jpg

It has good air flow and since you did not mention any 5 1/4 bay you can pot an extra fan in those bays.

So for 2 months of waiting and i couldn't get my hand on the legendary 900D. Even though I have ordered it 2 months ago I'm still 11th in the waiting list for the main retailer of Corsair cases in my country. So I'm sick of waiting and want to get an alternative case. The difficult part is that I have an extreme setup which would fit perfectly in air cooling cases but when thinking to change for water cooling, these cases will fall flat on their face when they need to cool Mobo, mosfet, RAM, CPU, and 2 GPU's, and literally look like a piece of art.

900D was a perfect mix between air cooling and water cooling, and gave me that hope that buying it would secure any furthure investments in cases.

Now looking at other cases, the main contender for air cooling would be the Cooler Master HAF X. However when I consider water cooling, in my opinion and i emphasise my opinion, i think it is low end compared to what is inside.

The good water cooling cases such as 800D and TJ11, as good are they in water cooling, I have no idea how air cooling would work. I have read around and people said 800D was very poor air cooling case. And everything about TJ11 is only water cooling nothing else.

In my situation if going for 800D, since its the safest between the 3. It has mediocre air cooling, but would look great when water cooled. Where as the other 2, one i have no idea how it performs and the other is completely below my setup.

My setup:

Asus Ramp IV Extreme

Intel i7 3970x

2x GTX 780

Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB

All high end shenanigans.

The case would be ontop of a desk, in an air conditioned room.

Please help I have 2 780s sitting on my desk that i cant use since i have no case :'(. I WANT TO GAME.

Use a 900D I guess. Also go with a 3930K there is no need for a 3970X it is just a way for Intel to make more money. Just get a 3930K and you will be happy. 

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

Corsair 900D , Silverstone TJ11 .

Or the new Phanteks Enthoo Primo:

Beste_kast_ter_wereld_de_Phanteks_Enthoo

Interested in Business and Technology

The 3960X/3970X is a waste of money. You're getting hardly any extra cache and an extra bump in frequency. A 3930K is much cheaper, and is a better deal.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I think 3970X is a good investment if you are planning to keep your system for aprox 7 Years

Cases can be the 800D but if you are stuck by your Corsair retailer you can pick a:

CM Storm Trooper

CMStorm_Trooper.jpg

It has good air flow and since you did not mention any 5 1/4 bay you can pot an extra fan in those bays.

Use a 900D I guess. Also go with a 3930K there is no need for a 3970X it is just a way for Intel to make more money. Just get a 3930K and you will be happy. 

The 3960X/3970X is a waste of money. You're getting hardly any extra cache and an extra bump in frequency. A 3930K is much cheaper, and is a better deal.

Nevermind the 3970x, It is a mistake i made before looking into forums and reading about things. I dont want  the similar mistake with the cases.

Corsair 900D , Silverstone TJ11 .

Or the new Phanteks Enthoo Primo:

As much the Phanteks look great, they still havent shipped to my country -.-.

900D is out of stock and will be for another month. So probably i wont have one till then. So do you think the TJ11 will air cool great while i get more money to water cool.

CM Storm Trooper

CMStorm_Trooper.jpg

The CM trooper is nice yet it doesn't have that side window panel which would be great. But since I cant look at how high end my end items and water cooling, why do them. So it limits my aesthetics of how I want my pc to look.

Nevermind the 3970x, It is a mistake i made before looking into forums and reading about things. I dont want  the similar mistake.

As much the Phanteks look great, they still havent shipped to my country -.-.

900D is out of stock and will be for another month. So probably i wont have one till then. So do you think the TJ11 will air cool great while i get more money to water cool.

Wait for the Phanteks case should take a couple of weeks to come yo tour country..

Interested in Business and Technology

Wait for the Phanteks case should take a couple of weeks to come yo tour country..

As much as "Dubai" is a great place for tourism, it took me until now to get my 780's. So if a high end GPU took that time, a Case not form CM, Corsair or Silverstone, i think they would get a 900D before they even consider getting one Enthoo Primo.

Air 540

They dont have a date when they will get one in stock. We dont have the privilege to have them shipped the same time as US. We got the 900D after a month and half from release, and to get them you had to bid on them. Highest bid was 600$...

If your that stuck for a case get someone to fabricate one, looking at that hardware money isn't a concern. Otherwise have you considered caselabs cases?

i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz (1.240v) || Asrock extreme 4 || CM Hyper 212 evo

Samsung 840 || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb || Powercolor 7870 xt @ (1200 mhz core : 1500 mhz mem)