sennheiser HD8 DJ

SmirGel

Hey 

I was looking at reviews of HD8 DJ though these are good headphones build quality seems really good and they will last long time (I hope?) 

I've old razer headphones from 2009 or so..still going strong but I love music and audio stuff..so I figured might as well buy good pair of headphones..so I don't have any other audio equipment like amp or dac. I was curious can I use the HD8 DJ with just onboard audio of maximus VII hero? or am I required to buy something? my main question is do I need some extra equipment to make these headphones to work properly? 

thanks

Just about any headphone you buy will be fine with no additional equipment. The HD8 DJ is built to be used with mobile devices as well, so you shouldn't have any issues with volume.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

It should work fine on any PC. But with Impedance of 95Ohm, it wouldn't work well with handheld devices as it need more power to fully operate the headset.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Well I dont know about your budget but if you're going to use the headphone for home use only, Alpha dogs or SRH1540 will run circles around HD 8 DJ. Alpha dogs most likely will require an amp as it's a fairly insensitive headphone.

V-moda M100 is also a very solid choice. A headphone that probably more people can easily recommend over HD 8 DJ

It should work fine on any PC. But with Impedance of 95Ohm, it wouldn't work well with handheld devices as it need more power to fully operate the headset.

bullshit.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

bullshit.

Care to further explain instead of poop flinging like a monkey?

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

It's only for PC usage 

Care to further explain instead of poop flinging like a monkey?

As much as I like being a monkey, I suppose I could explain... Impedance has almost nothing to do with the volume you'll get from the headphones. For instance, I can run a pair of HD650's on my Galaxy S6 with no issues, and it gets  louder than I'd like for listening, even though the HD650 is a 300-500 ohm headphone. The HD8 DJ is not going to be less sensitive than the HD650 (sensitivity determines loudness more than anything else) so OP would be totally fine with just the amp in the on board audio or even using it with his cell phone, or pretty much anything. Quoting impedance for how hard a headphone is to drive is only valid between the same headphone (Think about how beyer has several versions of the same headphone with different impedances).

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Looks like I've been a naughty influence.

you little naughty (insert whatever you are here)