help with a tech job area

Dimetime35c

I'm really wanting to get into the tech industry but I'm not sure what job area fits what I'm wanting to do. For starters I DON'T want to sit behind a desk all day taking peoples calls! I'm not really looking to be much of a programer as I suck at math. I'm more wanting to build, repair, and like manage pcs. I want to be out in the field working with the physical hardware not just remotely interfacing with something. I don't really wanna work at like a company like general mills managing servers cause isn't that mostly sitting at a desk anyway? I'm more wanting to be interacting with like other PC gamers and either helping them build/upgrade there systems or working on them when something isn't working right. Any ideas or suggestions that fit these areas? The closest I can think of is working at like microcenter.

market yourself as a pc builder, spread the word and o\do good business. run yourself

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

I'm really wanting to get into the tech industry but I'm not sure what job area fits what I'm wanting to do. For starters I DON'T want to sit behind a desk all day taking peoples calls! I'm not really looking to be much of a programer as I suck at math. I'm more wanting to build, repair, and like manage pcs. I want to be out in the field working with the physical hardware not just remotely interfacing with something. I don't really wanna work at like a company like general mills managing servers cause isn't that mostly sitting at a desk anyway? I'm more wanting to be interacting with like other PC gamers and either helping them build/upgrade there systems or working on them when something isn't working right. Any ideas or suggestions that fit these areas? The closest I can think of is working at like microcenter.

The only thing I can think of other than just building pc's would be working for a company in the outreach department where you would go to shows and LANs and meet people and talk to them. 

:)xD9_9:D:PB|

I agree with the people above me. You just need to do what you can do. Market yourself and make PC's for your friends and for family. If you really want a "proper job" at a shop, find one near to you and just ask. 

Please remember to follow your posts so you get notifications of people replying. If you want to reply to me directly, and I am not the author of the post, quote me.

You can try to get a job at a custom PC shop (GamePC, Origin, Falcon-NW, etc...), or a local independent computer shop. If you have an "outgoing personality" you can also just offer your services through Craigslist and try to build your own company/reputation. There may be small companies in your area that provide geek services similar to GeekSquad, check online for the types of business services you're interested in providing that are near your zipcode and reach out to them to see if they're hiring, or have recommendations for what you're looking to do.

Any corporate job as a PC Technician is going to involve a significant (80%+) amount of remote/phone support while sitting at a desk and chances are not a single colleague will have the same passion you do for computers. If you ever decide to go the corporate route though, look into signing up with a temp agency in your area to get your foot in the door. (Robert Half Technology, OfficeTeam, Kelly Services, Spherion, KForce, Einstein Technology, etc...)

I work at a local computer store and absolutely love it. I do things on the side as well, like build computers for friends or other people I get to know.

CPU: A10-6800k @ 4.7 Motherboard: Asus A88X-Plus RAM: Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 GB GPU: PNY GTX 660 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: 500 GB Samsung 850 Evo, 120 GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1 TB WD Blue PSU: Corsair HX750i Display(s): Asus VS248H-P Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 Keyboard: Amazon Special Mouse: Corsair Raptor M45 Sound: Amazon Special Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64-bit