Is there a difference between 144Hz and 144Hz Gsync/Freesync ?

blabla21

I want to know if anyone here has first used 144Hz monitor at 144FPS and then used 144Hz monitor with Gsync or Freesync at 144FPS and if they saw any difference.

I feel some of the people flipping out about it stepped up from 60hz panels. Moving from a normal 60hz to a normal 144hz panel is a huge change alone. I wonder if some are giving more credit to these technologies then they deserve.I am not trying to discredit the technologies I am just curious if some of the hype is just peoples first experience with 144hz.

The Gsync part of my 144Hz monitor is REALLY handy when framerates drop under 60. I enjoyed it a LOT playing the Witcher 3 at the highest settings for example.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Did you first experience 144Hz and then Gscyn at 144Hz these are 2 very different things which I want to know.

i think gsync monitor on paper is pretty damn good, it pretty much eliminates(some a re stil visible) tearing in any scenario meanwhile the jaggety frame rates on a regular 144hz panel may be obvious..

Do take note tho , this is like uber gaming on competitive level where you might find these things useful, if you're a regular gamer i think you can save a $100 for going with the regular option, athough gsync/freesync monitors are a later breed of display

Details separate people.

Imo G-Sync is only good for 4K as we don't have good enough hardware to run 4K yet so when you dip below 60fps at 4K (almost guaranteed to happen) then it helps you in that form.

Did you first experience 144Hz and then Gscyn at 144Hz these are 2 very different things which I want to know.

I did use a non-Gsync 144Hz panel BEFORE I got this one, yes.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.