PC Just restarts Randomly? Fans turn off and then back on?

megadarkwood

Over the past week or so my PC has been having some problems, it will either restart randomly (Like I turned off the PSU) Then restart itself, making me lose everything. OR the fans will turn off for a second or two then turn back on (I know this because they are LED Fans).

Any idea what could be the problem? I have a 750W PSU and my rig shouldn't take more than 500W max. Specs are in the description and im putting together an updated PCPartPicker now.

EDIT: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MwdTf7

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Lets start with the basics.When did this occur and why?Did it occur at a certain point like benchamarking or gaming?How are the tems?Do you have any oc'ed component?

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

Front panel connections for the power loose? that's what happened to me last time my PC was fucking around. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Over the past week or so my PC has been having some problems, it will either restart randomly (Like I turned off the PSU) Then restart itself, making me lose everything. OR the fans will turn off for a second or two then turn back on (I know this because they are LED Fans).

Any idea what could be the problem? I have a 750W PSU and my rig shouldn't take more than 500W max. Specs are in the description and im putting together an updated PCPartPicker now.

EDIT: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MwdTf7

your power went out  :rolleyes:

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

What kind of fans do you have, and are they plugged directly into your PSU, or are they plugged into the motherboard?  If directly into PSU, I think you have your answer.  Get a new PSU.

Is your PSU very old?  Is it a cheap one?

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

Lets start with the basics.When did this occur and why?Did it occur at a certain point like benchamarking or gaming?How are the tems?Do you have any oc'ed component?

One happened about 10 minutes ago, its been happening randomly throughout the week.

Nope, I was watching Youtube.

Temps are normal for a $14 cooler http://gyazo.com/7104db46f3bf5e92c88c488626bd551e

No, nothing is overclocked.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

your power went out  :rolleyes:

No other lights in the house went out?

What kind of fans do you have, and are they plugged directly into your PSU, or are they plugged into the motherboard?  If directly into PSU, I think you have your answer.  Get a new PSU.

Is your PSU very old?  Is it a cheap one?

This PSU: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-110b10750vr

All fans are plugged into the motherboard. Fans I have are here: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MwdTf7

Try another PSU to confirm, if you have access to one.  My next guess is motherboard.  Could try update BIOS to see if that helps (not super likely).

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

Try another PSU to confirm, if you have access to one.  My next guess is motherboard.  Could try update BIOS to see if that helps (not super likely).

Don't have one on hand :/

All fans are plugged into the motherboard. Fans I have are here: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MwdTf7

Well, the motherboard does control system power, so motherboard problems can cause random reboot and other weird hiccups.  I had the same issue on my last system.  

PC Build

Desk Build

Motherboard problems are the worst.  Hard to nail down, hard to fix.  I would start with a BIOS update.  You could also try reconnecting your internal power connections.  Might seem dumb, but who knows if something isn't making good contact.  Sometimes just unplugging and reconnecting stuff can clean off tiny bits of oxidization that might be causing poor conductivity.

I guess it could also be a software thing.  Not sure what that might be.  A virus? 

PC Build

Desk Build

One happened about 10 minutes ago, its been happening randomly throughout the week.

Nope, I was watching Youtube.

Temps are normal for a $14 cooler http://gyazo.com/7104db46f3bf5e92c88c488626bd551e

No, nothing is overclocked.

The things that could contribute to this are the following:A bad pus,a bad hdd,a bad motherboard the ram and the gpu....basically everything.What i would recommend is taking time and diagnosting the parts.Remove the gpu and install the drivers for the onboard one.If that fixes it either the psu or the gpu are bad.Also with the ram try using one stick at the time and change the slots.Same with the hdd if you can and this should be the last try use another driver and install a fresh copy of windows.Did you had any power outages while playing?Or anything weird at all.Did you clean the pc and then in started?

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.