My CPU (& GPU) Temperatures

Recently i finished my first gaming build. As a computer novice, i have several questions and a lot of them revolve around CPU and GPU temperatures. My wish is to run as fast and smoothly as possible so as to stop having to open and work on my computer as much as i have recently and finally relax.

My specs: 

I5-4590

EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+

8 GB RAM

Cooler Master Elite 130

When at the desktop (what i think is termed as idle) both the CPU and GPU hang around the 40 degree celsius mark, with little 1 second spikes from the CPU whenever i open something (which i assume is normal). When i've played the following games, the numbers have been (for CPU and GPU respectively...

Left 4 Dead 2: 50ish and 60ish i think

TF2: About the same

CS GO: 55-60 and 70ish if i remember correctly

Bioshock Infinite: 60ish (topping at 70) and 80

(All these games played at the highest values as optimized by Geforce Experience)

I want to be able to play without constantly worrying so my questions revolve around..

- What do you think of these numbers?

- Can adjusting fan speed to GPU temperature values help? If so, how do i do that with MSI Afterburner?

- Considering it's a small case, what alternative CPU fan could i use that could fit in my case and provide a superior cooling to the stock Intel fan?

- The case has 2 fans and it's size makes provides little elbow room, what's the best we can do to optimize the temperatures?

I want to be able to get GTA 5, MGS 5, Fallout 4, Star Wars Battlefront, and play them all in peace when the time comes.

Thanks for your help  :)

In addition, i've recently stumbled upon a kernel driver NVidia error, seems to be a popular thing, would anyone know what to do by any chance? Has happened about 3 times to me today (first times) only when using chrome.

In my experience none of those numbers do not seem particularly high and while I ran a stock intel cooler for a long time (without serious issues) I think you could go some more work out of your cpu if you got a better one for your case. However I'm sorry I can't recommend one. I bought a honking goliath of a cooler so im fairly sure that wont work for you. 

My CPU gets to about 50C under load and my GPU can get as high as 80C. Any higher than 60 on the cpu or about 85 on the gpu could be on the worrying side, but I don't think that will be a problem. Your case could get some more fans or some faster ones and try to create better airflow. Again I know these are things but not really how to do them sorry. Rest assured I think those temps are pretty okay. 

To be fact, the temperature look fines. If you want it to be cooler you could try getting a program like speedfan to control your case fan/also your cpu fans speed. But increase the RPM or your fans decrease the lifetime of your product, to be fact your current setup look about right. You should only worries when your CPU/GPU reaches over 95 degrees, this is when the point the CPU throttles itself. My CPU sits around 20-30 at idle and around 40-55 while playing games like GTA 5. I only see reaching 60 or bit over when i stress test my CPU, this applies the same with GPU. 

At daily usages the temp you have right now seem normal, you shouldn't really worries. 

Magical Pineapples