Help choosing GFX card

Ryzone

Hey guys with me building my new pc in a couple weeks I wont need this current pc. So what I have in this right now is a i7 950 (1366 Socket) paired with a Sapphire 5870. What I wanted to do was upgrade the video card before I give this pc to a family member. I'm not sure which card is better then the 5870 and wont bottle neck the i7 950. I'm down for team green or red. I'm thinking about 150$ budget for the new card and if its not that big of a performance increase for that price then I'll just stick with the 5870 I have in here.

TL:DR - I'm looking for a better gfx card then the 5870 for around 150$ that wont bottle neck the i7 950 I have in the pc.

R9 270, 750 ti or if you can find a cheap 960? 

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

An R9 280 should do well, it may get bottlenecked a bit by the Core i7-950 in some games, but it's not really that bad. Especially if you overclock the 950.

There's one available for $150 after a rebate.

Awesome guys! I'll check these cards out if you have anymore suggestions feel free to let me know.