No display output coming from graphics card and integrated graphics

pidbarclay

So this morning I turned on my PC after using it with no problems the night before. The problem is that no display was coming out of the graphics card, and its green LED on the side (It is a reference model GTX 770) was turned on, which was off when the card was working properly. Since then, I have been trying to get it to work, and sometimes I can, with the display output coming either from a display adapter or from the gpu itself. When it boots using the display adapter, reinstalling the nvidia drivers works, but only after an immediate restart. My conclusions are that there are no problems with the graphics card itself, since the motherboard integrated video output does not work as well. Does anyone have any idea of what that problem might be? I would be really grateful if someone could help me. If more information is needed just let me know.

Thanks in advance

So this morning I turned on my PC after using it with no problems the night before. The problem is that no display was coming out of the graphics card, and its green LED on the side (It is a reference model GTX 770) was turned on, which was off when the card was working properly. Since then, I have been trying to get it to work, and sometimes I can, with the display output coming either from a display adapter or from the gpu itself. When it boots using the display adapter, reinstalling the nvidia drivers works, but only after an immediate restart. My conclusions are that there are no problems with the graphics card itself, since the motherboard integrated video output does not work as well. Does anyone have any idea of what that problem might be? I would be really grateful if someone could help me. If more information is needed just let me know.

Thanks in advance

With a discrete graphivcs card installed, most BIOS's will default to turn the integrated graphics off.

Motherboard: MSI G45 | CPU: Intel i7 4790K | RAM: 16GB G.Skill DDR3 | SSD: 2x Samsung 840 Evo 256GB | Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW | PSU: Corsair HX650W | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Fans: 6x Corsair SP120's | Case: NZXT H440 Razer Edition | OS: Windows 10