New White Build/Upgrade. Any Tips or recommendations?

So, I finally have enough money to upgrade my rig.  I sold off my 3DSXL and my old phone, as well as working more hours.

The new build or should I say upgrade, since I will be using some of the old parts, is going to be themed White.  

Current build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4RMTgs

I'm about to head into college and I want to future proof this pc until I get a job in my upperclassmen years.  I also am looking for a white/black theme.

What I have currently planned: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KnCFLk

I was originally going to go with the MSI krait and go amd, but I personally haven't seen much progress in AMD computing for a while.  It's really just push our old CPU's for harder overclocks.  Anyways, I know this new build is total overkill going for a Haswell-E processor and all.  I just don't care for the Sabertooth looks or the ports on the Z97 Krait by MSI.  I figured since this will be my first venture into Intel territory, I'd go into the higher end tier of what they have to offer.  I will be buying the Motherboard, Ram, and CPU this week and will use my current build to sustain it until I get the new parts.

This PC will be used for 1440p gaming, and a general Multi Media PC.  Any other Ideas or suggestions?  I just want to get a general opinion before I drop a fat Grand on 3 pc components.

If you wish, a normal 980 is plenty for 1440p Gaming and an H110i GT will have lower noise than the H100i.

CPU: Intel Core i7 5960X @4GHz cooled by a Corsair H110i GT | MBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB 2400MHz) | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 | SSD: Samsung SM951 M.2 SSD | HDD: 1TB Western Digital Black Drive | PSU: Corsair HX750i | Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 

If you wish, a normal 980 is plenty for 1440p Gaming and an H110i GT will have lower noise than the H100i.

I would absolutely stick with a 980, but the MSI 980 I have currently is decked out in red and would stick out like a sore thumb.  If I did go with a 980 I'd definitely go with a Galax HOF 980.  Thing is, that card costs about as much as a 980 ti so I decided to just add the 980 ti to the build instead.  I could go with a reference 980 and change the Geforce led to white.

I wouldn't go for a phantom 530 at that price. It just seems too plasticy.

Lots of nice metal cases at cheaper price points.

Edit: was looking at the wrong build -_-

Edit 2: Why not something more metal and rigid for cheaper? Enthoo luxe

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

I would absolutely stick with a 980, but the MSI 980 I have currently is decked out in red and would stick out like a sore thumb.  If I did go with a 980 I'd definitely go with a Galax HOF 980.  Thing is, that card costs about as much as a 980 ti so I decided to just add the 980 ti to the build instead.  I could go with a reference 980 and change the Geforce led to white.

Ah I see.

CPU: Intel Core i7 5960X @4GHz cooled by a Corsair H110i GT | MBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB 2400MHz) | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 | SSD: Samsung SM951 M.2 SSD | HDD: 1TB Western Digital Black Drive | PSU: Corsair HX750i | Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 

I wouldn't go for a phantom 530 at that price. It just seems too plasticy.

Lots of nice metal cases at cheaper price points.

Edit: was looking at the wrong build -_-

Edit 2: Why not something more metal and rigid for cheaper? Enthoo luxe

That was what I was looking at originally.  I guess for the dedicated fan control knob and keeping same brands.  Corsair PSU, Ram, Cooler, why not case?

If I got that case, I'd probably just buy a drive bay fan controller.

So, I finally have enough money to upgrade my rig.  I sold off my 3DSXL and my old phone, as well as working more hours.

The new build or should I say upgrade, since I will be using some of the old parts, is going to be themed White.  

Current build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4RMTgs

I'm about to head into college and I want to future proof this pc until I get a job in my upperclassmen years.  I also am looking for a white/black theme.

What I have currently planned: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KnCFLk

I was originally going to go with the MSI krait and go amd, but I personally haven't seen much progress in AMD computing for a while.  It's really just push our old CPU's for harder overclocks.  Anyways, I know this new build is total overkill going for a Haswell-E processor and all.  I just don't care for the Sabertooth looks or the ports on the Z97 Krait by MSI.  I figured since this will be my first venture into Intel territory, I'd go into the higher end tier of what they have to offer.  I will be buying the Motherboard, Ram, and CPU this week and will use my current build to sustain it until I get the new parts.

This PC will be used for 1440p gaming, and a general Multi Media PC.  Any other Ideas or suggestions?  I just want to get a general opinion before I drop a fat Grand on 3 pc components.

what about for the case a corsair 760t its expensive but i think it looks amazing, especially with those parts you have

That was what I was looking at originally.  I guess for the dedicated fan control knob and keeping same brands.  Corsair PSU, Ram, Cooler, why not case?

If I got that case, I'd probably just buy a drive bay fan controller.

It's not like adding the case would help you anyway. It's not like you can control your case in Corsair link software.

The Phanteks is an all aluminum/steel chassis (better than the plastic/steel build quality on the Corsair), has RGB led lighting (which the corsair doesn't), PWM fan splitter which means you can control all fans through motherboard bios / software (somewhat equivalent to a fan controller), insane water cooling capabilities if you decide to upgrade, and arguably better out of the box cooling. Plus it does all of this at a cheaper price point.

There's no reason to go for the corsair case.

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB