I am suffering from a probably dying sleeve bearing fan. It emits this awful grinding indicating it is running out of lube. I turned it down because it could get irritating and give me a headache. Surely enough, my temps seem to have risen. In BF4, I saw Rivatuner report my core temps at over 74c at times, which is certainly abnormal.

I set my dying front intake fan's rpm back to normal, and it is making whining and buzzsaw/white noise sounds, but my temps are still a tad high, at least from what I perceived/remembered.

How demanding is 3Dmark Firestrike's Physics Test? I usually go into the early 70s on my CPU on it. Today, I saw up to 75c. Is this normal?

Is Front Intake really that vital in a mid-tower? 

Cinebench was also wielding some frightening results. I observed a max core temp of probably 86c. Is this normal or in-range of what one would expect with a stock 4790k with an H80i GT? Idles could be better as well, but it is/was humid out (with some air conditioning), so does that make all of this somewhat redundant?

Specs: Asus ROG Maximus VII Formula (Motherboard) | i7-4790k (CPU) | EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition (Graphics Card) | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB (C:) (SSD) | Western Digital Caviar Black 3TB (G:) (HDD) | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB (F:) (HDD) | LG 14X BD Rewriter (D:) (Optical Drive) | Corsair H80i GT (CPU Cooler) | Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1600MHz (RAM) | OCZ ZX 850W (Power Supply) | Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer (Case) | Asus ROG Swift VG278Q 144Hz 1440p (Monitor) | Kingston HyperX Cloud (Headset) | Corsair Vengeance K70 (Keyboard) | Corsair Vengeance M60 (Mouse) | Noctua NF-F12 (x4) (Fans).

I would personally reccomend keeping temps below 70c for longevity and have them never come up above 80. If your cpu is compatible, try the hyper 212 evo. I haven't personally used it before, but i've heard very good things about it.

Happy to help with any tech problems. Windows 10 installing guide here.
----i5 4570s----gigabyte z97x-sli----8gb ddr3----gigabyte g1 gaming 960----HAF 912----120gb ssd----1tb hdd----500w evga----

I am suffering from a probably dying sleeve bearing fan. It emits this awful grinding indicating it is running out of lube. I turned it down because it could get irritating and give me a headache. Surely enough, my temps seem to have risen. In BF4, I saw Rivatuner report my core temps at over 74c at times, which is certainly abnormal.

I set my dying front intake fan's rpm back to normal, and it is making whining and buzzsaw/white noise sounds, but my temps are still a tad high, at least from what I perceived/remembered.

How demanding is 3Dmark Firestrike's Physics Test? I usually go into the early 70s on my CPU on it. Today, I saw up to 75c. Is this normal?

Cinebench was also wielding some frightening results. I observed a max core temp of probably 86c. Is this normal or in-range of what one would expect with a stock 4790k with an H80i GT? Idles could be better as well, but it is/was humid out (with some air conditioning), so does that make all of this somewhat redundant?

75is fine, as long as it's not going up into the high 70s and beyond normally when under load then imo its fine.

I try keeping my CPU temps down below 72c or so, same for my GPU.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Cinebench is a CPU dependant benchmark, whereas firestrike is GPU dependant....mainly. So that's where the big difference in temps is coming from.

While I would still advise replacing a dying fan, anything up to 80 degrees when you're pushing your components hard is fine, and even higher in some cases. Cinebench will always push your components hard.

I'll be honest, I can't recommend any 120mm AIO at the moment as they get stomped on by any half decent Air cooler. In most AIO's your idle temperatures seem to be ever so slightly higher, but they are far more efficient at keeping your system cooler when under heavy load.

There is one major advantage of an AIO over an air cooler. If you have a dispersion style graphics card in your case blowing hot air around. you can set up an AIO so it's pulling fresh, cooler air directly over your cooling loop.

Cinebench is a CPU dependant benchmark, whereas firestrike is GPU dependant....mainly. So that's where the big difference in temps is coming from.

While I would still advise replacing a dying fan, anything up to 80 degrees when you're pushing your components hard is fine, and even higher in some cases. Cinebench will always push your components hard.

I'll be honest, I can't recommend any 120mm AIO at the moment as they get stomped on by any half decent Air cooler. In most AIO's your idle temperatures seem to be ever so slightly higher, but they are far more efficient at keeping your system cooler when under heavy load.

There is one major advantage of an AIO over an air cooler. If you have a dispersion style graphics card in your case blowing hot air around. you can set up an AIO so it's pulling fresh, cooler air directly over your cooling loop.

What is a range of temperatures one can expect with Cinebench? 

For Firestrike I'm referring to the Physics Test, which is almost entirely CPU-driven. The rest of the benchmark yields temps in the 45-55c range. The Physics test is the killer here. I do not know what to expect from that either, considering there is not much information on how demanding it is.

Specs: Asus ROG Maximus VII Formula (Motherboard) | i7-4790k (CPU) | EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition (Graphics Card) | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB (C:) (SSD) | Western Digital Caviar Black 3TB (G:) (HDD) | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB (F:) (HDD) | LG 14X BD Rewriter (D:) (Optical Drive) | Corsair H80i GT (CPU Cooler) | Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1600MHz (RAM) | OCZ ZX 850W (Power Supply) | Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer (Case) | Asus ROG Swift VG278Q 144Hz 1440p (Monitor) | Kingston HyperX Cloud (Headset) | Corsair Vengeance K70 (Keyboard) | Corsair Vengeance M60 (Mouse) | Noctua NF-F12 (x4) (Fans).

What is a range of temperatures one can expect with Cinebench? 

For Firestrike I'm referring to the Physics Test, which is almost entirely CPU-driven. The rest of the benchmark yields temps in the 45-55c range. The Physics test is the killer here. I do not know what to expect from that either, considering there is not much information on how demanding it is.

Honestly both cinebench, and the physx will drive even a high end PC to it's knees, it's designed to see what the cpu will really do. Benchmarking those two things are the only times I'll turn my fans to their performance profile, and even then they can thermal throttle. unigine however is an almost pure graphics benchmark. I didn't even bother turning up my fans, and my cpu didn't budge from 24 degrees.

EDIT: sorry two similar questions tonight. unigine was a different thread. As I posted before, I'm not a fan of single fan AIO's, I feel they don't dissipate enough heat quick enough without making the fans involved run at such high speeds you lose whatever silence the system might have help with.