Help me choose a new monitor.

Hello everyone!

I have an old 1680x1050 monitor that I got for 40€ from some guy that I thought was going to steal my kidneys as soon as I entered his "shop". It has been bought to be a secondary screen for my laptop, but now it's a primary screen for my PC. Now I will get some money soon and it will be used to buy a new screen. I have taught myself some stuff about panel types and general screen related specs and came to a choice of 2 screens.

What I will be using the screen for is photo and video editing, so an IPS panel is a must. The thing is, I also have a GTX 970 and like to game. I don't need more than 60Hz, otherwise I would go for a 144Hz TN panel. So the screen must have a low response time and have good color and contrast. I have thought about a 1440p monitor, but I don't like to play games in non-native resolutions, which I would almost have to with a 970 on a 1440p screen. The aspect ratio is either 16:9 or 16:10, but I do prefer 16:10 for editing purposes and don't mind the black bars in movies and stuff like that. The price point is up to 300€ and I found two screens that meet my specifications:

Dell UltraSharp U2414H

Dell UltraSharp U2415

The U2415 is 16:10 and has DP 1.2, but the U2414H is cheaper and has less IPS glow. The reviews are positive for both, and they do well in gaming and professional work.

EDIT: These two monitors seem to have a lot of problems with the DP 1.2 plug, which is what I plan to use, but it only seems to be this way in daisy-cahinining, which I do not plan to do. Now I am considering the Dell UltraSharp U2515H, which is a 1440p 25" monitor, so games in 1080p should still look good and it has no reported issues on DP 1.2.

Now my question is: Do any of you have any experience with these monitors; do they have problems I should know about? Do you know a better monitor that you could recomend? Was I wrong to rule out 1440p monitors?

Thank you.

Edited by Ivan Ivanov Ivanovski