cheapest 17.3" IPS laptop

Guest Strangerbob
Go to solution Solved by exercutor5,

http://www.xoticpc.com/asus-x751lxdb71-p-8359.html?wconfigure=yes

Usually a laptop with an IPS panel is coupled with a dedicated GPU, it's hard to find a laptop with IPS without a dedicated GPU.

Hello,

Anyone who has any info, PLEASE let me know of a model number of a 17.3" laptop which you think has or might have an IPS screen (and does NOT have a gtx 970m or something)

Trying to buy a 17.3" IPS laptop, but all i see is a super segmented market where the non-eyeburning screens are only sold together with all kinds of garbage i do not need, like i7 cpus and gaming videocards. Im amazed these companies are still getting away with this shit.

The cheapest 17.3" IPS laptop i could find in East EU is for 800eur. And it still has an i7 cpu and a gtx 840m.

Hello,

Anyone who has any info, PLEASE let me know of a model number of a 17.3" laptop which you think has or might have an IPS screen (and does NOT have a gtx 970m or something)

Trying to buy a 17.3" IPS laptop, but all i see is a super segmented market where the non-eyeburning screens are only sold together with all kinds of garbage i do not need, like i7 cpus and gaming videocards. Im amazed these companies are still getting away with this shit.

The cheapest 17.3" IPS laptop i could find in East EU is for 800eur. And it still has an i7 cpu and a gtx 840m.

Funny story. The on board graphics processor in a current mobile quad core i7 (4700 series) very nearly on par with a gtx 840m I can't really see any new laptops being paired up that way.

As far as IPS + 17.3in I haven't found any in that price range and I think you might have problems finding one too. 17.3in really has fallen in popularity in favor of smaller mobile devices and monitors certainly aren't made that small anymore so the demand for screens of that size are very low which means even the options you have for them are generally going to cost more.

As far as IPS + 17.3in I haven't found any in that price range and I think you might have problems finding one too. 17.3in really has fallen in popularity in favor of smaller mobile devices and monitors certainly aren't made that small anymore so the demand for screens of that size are very low which means even the options you have for them are generally going to cost more.

I understand that. 

Still severely pissed that they cant make a 17.3" IPS flicker free laptop with the latest i3 cpu, 4gigs of ram, 256gig ssd and NOTHING else. 

But ye, they have to peddle their stock of garbage somehow, so they stuff the good screened laptops full of all kinds of garbage i dont want.

http://www.xoticpc.com/asus-x751lxdb71-p-8359.html?wconfigure=yes

Usually a laptop with an IPS panel is coupled with a dedicated GPU, it's hard to find a laptop with IPS without a dedicated GPU.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap