Looking for sound bar, opinions?

Suika

I'm looking to get a sound bar for my living room TV, and I'm really clueless as to where to start looking. It's a 47" (over 40" wide) TV so I'd prefer something in that range of length, probably $200 or less. I'd like the sub woofer built into the bar but a separate one would be manageable, not really looking for an entire surround experience. Otherwise, I really don't know what I'm looking for, and would greatly appreciate any advice or recommendations lol.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I've seen this one in action at a acquaintances house.

Sounds good, though the sub isn't built into the bar... I didn't have a chance to play reference music to test it but from the videos he was streaming on chromecast the audio sounded pretty good. Definitely better than the default TV speakers his 46" came with... it sounded clear and wasn't muddy towards the low end of the sound spectrum.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I've seen this one in action at a acquaintances house.

Sounds good, though the sub isn't built into the bar... I didn't have a chance to play reference music to test it but from the videos he was streaming on chromecast the audio sounded pretty good. Definitely better than the default TV speakers his 46" came with... it sounded clear and wasn't muddy towards the low end of the sound spectrum.

Haha, that's exactly the one I was looking at, it has fairly good ratings and can be picked up nearby so that's great. It may the one I go with if no other options are available, because I can live with a separate woofer.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I'm looking to get a sound bar for my living room TV, and I'm really clueless as to where to start looking. It's a 47" (over 40" wide) TV so I'd prefer something in that range of length, probably $200 or less. I'd like the sub woofer built into the bar but a separate one would be manageable, not really looking for an entire surround experience. Otherwise, I really don't know what I'm looking for, and would greatly appreciate any advice or recommendations lol.

Sonos makes a very good sounding one. I believe linus did a review... he kind of hated on sonos with his audiophile snobbery tho. Sounds wonderful to my non-snobbish ears though!

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460Motherboard: Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GBStorage: A-Data Premier Pro SP900 128GBGPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC Video CardCase: Corsair SPEC-01 REDPower Supply: EVGA 600BNetworking Card: TP-Link TL-WDN4800Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" MonitorKeyboard: Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition (Cherry MX Blue) Mouse: Logitech G100s | Quote me and say "Dope Flamingo" if you actually read this. 

Haha, that's exactly the one I was looking at, it has fairly good ratings and can be picked up nearby so that's great. It may the one I go with if no other options are available, because I can live with a separate woofer.

Hey if you do get it run it through with some music preferably lossless stuff and tell me how it performs. I'm thinking about getting myself one of these things, I don't have speakers at all over here. Just headphones and more headphones...

If you don't have any lossless stuff then maybe play one of these songs and see how it sounds.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

If your TV has an optical output for the audio, this might be worth a look:

http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-AM1500-B-Soundbar-Subwoofer/dp/B009LH9SMO

The LG previously mentioned is the right choice if your TV only uses ARC.