Should i upgrade to windows 10

So today i looked at my task bar and i saw that i have tje option to install windows 10 (currently on windows 8.1 64bit),i was going to update it but then thought abt asking here first.First of all im a gamer so i need all games to run perfectly,im also worried abt drivers for my gpu,keyboard and mouse.I read some where that games dont run very well on windows 10 and i really want to play the witcher 3

system specs(though i dont think they matter)

core i5 4690k

gtx 980 asus strix

1tb hard drive+128gb samsung 850 evo ssd

peripherals

razer black widow 2014

razer death adder 2013

razer kraken 7.1 sorround 

If you don't immediately, then you will eventually when Windows discontinues 7 and 8.

sold

-Snape-

The icon in the taskbar is not an upgrade, just a reservation, when the Win10 officially releases in July... so, yeah

If you don't immediately, then you will eventually when Windows discontinues 7 and 8.

well it says its free for a limited time,will all games run on windows 10?

If you install it now you'll only get the Windows 10 Technical Preview. So that's entirely your choice as the final version of Windows 10 is not even built yet. Personally I would just wait until it officially launches and get the finished product instead of builds that are undergoing heavy development.

The icon in the taskbar is not an upgrade, just a reservation, when the Win10 officially releases in July... so, yeah

so should i reserve my upgrade?

Why not? It doesn't do anything to your PC now, and when Win10 comes out, it will install as a part of "windows update", you will not loose anything

Its up to you, really. I'd personally wait until the official launch. I dont know why, i just dont like testing out betas on games or anything that is not officially released yet. You will obviously have to do that at some point in the future (when microsoft stops releasing updates for win 7, just like they did with windows xp) but eh, I wouldnt do that now.

CPU: AMD FX 6300 4.6 GHZ 1.392vCore ||||| Cooler: Hyper 212 evo ||||| MOBO: Gigabyte 990XA UD3 REV 3.0 ||||| RAM: Kingston Hyperx Fury (Single channel) 1866 8GB CL10 ||||| GPU: Sapphire HD 7770 1GB ||||| PSU: CoolerMaster G550m 80+ Bronze ||||| SSD: Kingston SSDnow v300 ||||| HDDs: 2x 250gb 1x Wedstern Digital 320gb |||| Case: CoolerMaster Silencio 650 Black Pure Midnight

How long is the limited time for?  I am going to buy 8.1 for my new build in june.  Will i still be able to get windows 10 for free?

Well they claim it is free for the first year, so there's that. If you don't reserve now I'm sure that once it releases in July you will still be given the option to upgrade to it unless they changed their mind about that "1 year free" thing.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |