Asus G771JM ROG keyboard backlight stopped working

Light-Yagami

Hello guys i have a problem with my keyboard on the mentioned computer. the backight was sorking okay until yesterday. i can't turn it on even if my computer is showing me that is on. i updated ATK package and the problem is still here. i really don't know what to do, is it common for asus keyboard backlights to stop working? what do i have to do? i searched arount the internet and people have the same problem but i already have the latest drivers. do i have to upgrade my bios? or just wait for asus to fix the problem with and update? 

Any suggestions what so ever will be appriciated!

it's a serious problem because i can't work at night without my backlight on so.. i might have to return it if i don't find a solution.

SNIP

The best thing to do is to have a live chat with support. I had a problem with ShadowPlay not working and a 15 minute session with live chat solved the problem. That's what support is for. :)

CPU: i5 4690K @ Stock                GPU: Asus GTX 970 STRIX @ Stock      SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB (OS and Drivers)     Headset: Audio-Technica M20X

Case: Corsair Obsidian 250D        RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB LP             HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB                                         Mouse: Logitech m185

OS: Windows 8.1 OEM                 PSU: Corsair RM650                                Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97N Mini ITX                         Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K65 RGB

I've had better luck with their phone support. when I had to send in my laptop for repairs, the guy I talked to on the phone was quite helpful