GTA V lag spikes, what component should I look into upgrading?

Tommo99

I've started to notice lag spikes in GTA V whenever I've had the game running for about 45 minutes. These lag spikes last for a about 1 - 2 seconds and completely freeze the game. I've used the built in Windows performance monitor to see the usage on my CPU and memory. The CPU usage ranges from 70%-95% and the memory usage never drops below 94%.

PC Specs - AMD FX-6350, EVGA GTX 660 FTW, 8GB 1600MHz RAM (possibly 1333MHz, don't remember), ASUS M578L-M motherboard

Which component should I upgrade first to get rid of the lag spikes or at least reduce them?

Also, sorry if this is in the wrong section, didn't really know where to put it

I've started to notice lag spikes in GTA V whenever I've had the game running for about 45 minutes. These lag spikes last for a about 1 - 2 seconds and completely freeze the game. I've used the built in Windows performance monitor to see the usage on my CPU and memory. The CPU usage ranges from 70%-95% and the memory usage never drops below 94%.

PC Specs - AMD FX-6350, EVGA GTX 660 FTW, 8GB 1600MHz RAM (possibly 1333MHz, don't remember), ASUS M578L-M motherboard

Which component should I upgrade first to get rid of the lag spikes or at least reduce them?

Also, sorry if this is in the wrong section, didn't really know where to put it

gpu

does lowering the graphics to low help? if not then its the cpu

Longboarders/ skaters message me!