Anyone have an MSI 750TI LP or is just good at judging size from a pic?

Rydeen

For reference on new egg, here is the card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127836&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10487648&PID=1800524&SID=

Here's a quick pic from the angle I'm looking at...

eec0b5261e91988bce43fa0a2250752c.1600.jp

I'm looking to remove the fan shroud and make it not only passive, but also actually fit in the case I'm getting

1406442384YG5S90.jpg

Also, best way to cut down a heatsink if needed?

Thanks!

hacksaw

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

According to the dimensions given on the newegg page the GPU will fit. I doubt running a 750ti completely passive would be a good idea, especially if you plan to put it under load (Gaming for example).

If you remove the shroud/fans, it will fit. However, I can guarantee that it will not cool well if at all in that case and configuration. MSI put two fans on it for a reason. You could always externally mount some Deltas and mod the case, but it will be quite loud. You can cut down the heatsink with a Dremel, but it's not recommended.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

@RazerZ - what dimensions are you referring to please? I can only see overall card. The issue is like on the pic above (with the spoiler), it needs to be 24mm or less. Whilst gaming would be a part of it, no OCing would be taking place at all. It may even be that the heatsink touches the metal bones of the H Frame and then will help dissipate heat better.

@TheSLSAMG - The case is not a fully sealed one, quite open air (In Win H Frame Mini). So don't want any deltas! Had an 80mm in my old one, with my Vyper build I've gone quieter, this will be a HTPC / Sofa Console beater thing and I want to attempt a fully passive, but strong build.

Are the 750TI reactive fans? Like my GTX970? They only turn on when they hit a temp, or gaming is involved? (sure Nvidia call this something! lol.)

I've been thinking of the idea from this thread here in the UK: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18590027

He does use the PSU fan to assist, though not sure what help it would be but I don't have that option anyway.

I'm guessing that a moderate to large underclock could make it reasonably passive assuming there's some sort of airflow.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

@CommandMan7 - It may even fit looking at it. I just don't know.

I'm going to do a build log after I finish up the one for my Vyper in sig (which is complete, but just not updated here).

Also, spraying the case colour to orange to match the trim parts in the living room, which will be interesting for me...

@RazerZ - what dimensions are you referring to please? I can only see overall card. The issue is like on the pic above (with the spoiler), it needs to be 24mm or less. Whilst gaming would be a part of it, no OCing would be taking place at all. It may even be that the heatsink touches the metal bones of the H Frame and then will help dissipate heat better.

Sorry I misread. The 750ti won't fit at all. As mentioned above passive cooling simply won't be enough for the GPU to run under load, even at stock clocks. If it did manufacturers would of saved a good deal and not include the cooling solutions they come with. Even if using the metal of the H frame could of helped, it won't since the case is passively cooled. Using a dremel to cut off the corner where the GPU is located will get you so far, but the glass enclosure can become a problem. I would rather go with an APU such as the A10 7850k instead and buy a low profile CPU cooler to go along with it. EX (Thermalright AXP-100 pictured) : 

In_Win_F-Frame_Mini_Install_4.jpg

@RazerZ - I'm either hedging my bets it may fit, it's a pity an Mini ITX APU Xfire doesn't appeal. The issue is, we want something to look good, this is the only case we both like (getting a non gaming person to like a crappy silver or black Silverstone Milo case isnt easy and to be fair, everything looks like VCR's)

So I had to get a board that accepts the DDR3 204 SO DIMM as I had some here (8GB too @ 1333, although they are 1600's) and also that I have an SSD. Otherwise, I could just go NUC. But looking at what people get, I would like a decent few years out of it. After all, it is to show peeps who come round and/or who see the pics that PC's aren't as "expensive" as what they think and can look amazing and be as good as a console for the size and price (I've gone over here for reasons - games being cheaper on PC, I couldnt watch my vids on PS4, I didn't really use it anyway etc).