Asus minumum fanspeed

WAFOE

I have changed out my case fans for higher RPM ones. Now I encountered a problem with my motherboard: the minimum fan speed doesn't go below 60% on the case-fan headers. Before I had low RPM fans, so I didn't have the problem. I have a Asus P8Z77-M with the latest update.

Is there another easy-to-fix solution instead of using Speedfan or a fan controller?

:rolleyes:

I have a sabertooth, and in there software suite there is program that tests all your fans, so the software knows how slow they can spin and still have control over it. look over the fan controll software

I have a sabertooth, and in there software suite there is program that tests all your fans, so the software knows how slow they can spin and still have control over it. look over the fan controll software

My board doesn't support that sadly.

My board doesn't support that sadly.

fan resistors? but that defeats the purpose of buying higher rpm fans

get yourslef some nocuta indrustal fans if you the money, there silent and quiet if there NOT running at full speed and you get fan speed reducers

fan resistors? but that defeats the purpose of buying higher rpm fans

The reason I bought them is that they were just too cheap to skip. The RPM is not so high, it's 1500 RPM.

get yourslef some nocuta indrustal fans if you the money, there silent and quiet

Quiet on max RPM my ass  B)

The reason I bought them is that they were just too cheap to skip. The RPM is not so high, it's 1500 RPM.

industrial is not quite LOL. not designed to be. 

and you dont have AIsuite? see if its compatiable. it idle, my case fans stop. my cpu fan is at 200rpm, and my gpu is spinning. besides that, nothing 

i dont mean at MAX speed, if your realling having issues just get a fan controller. you can get one for like 40 bucks from amazon

industrial is not quite LOL. not designed to be. 

and you dont have AIsuite? see if its compatiable. it idle, my case fans stop. my cpu fan is at 200rpm, and my gpu is spinning. besides that, nothing 

Nope, it's not compatible with my motherboard.

i dont mean at MAX speed, if your realling having issues just get a fan controller. you can get one for like 40 bucks from amazon

I don't want a fan controller, I can fix this by using Speedfan. But still, I'd like another option, like configuring it in the BIOS. But how?

get yourslef some nocuta indrustal fans if you the money, there silent and quiet

my F-12 3000 rpm nocuta industrial series fan would like to have a word with you on that. it will sound like a hand vac, but a word none the less :P

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

Bump  :rolleyes:

if your motherboard doesn't allow you to go below 60% then you can't make it. speed fan or a fan controller would be the only options.

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

my F-12 3000 rpm nocuta industrial series fan would like to have a word with you on that. it will sound like a hand vac, but a word none the less :P

My 5 NF-12 2000 rpm Industrials will challenge that. I have them run at just under 700 RPM on idle and they are silent  ;). If you run them at max then you will have a jet engine in the room  :lol:.

As for OP if you can't figure it out using the Bios just use speedfan I do it's way better than AI Suite I find, just takes a while to set up.

My 5 NF-12 2000 rpm Industrials will challenge that. I have them run at just under 700 RPM on idle and they are silent  ;). If you run them at max then you will have a jet engine in the room  :lol:.

As for OP if you can't figure it out using the Bios just use speedfan I do it's way better than AI Suite I find, just takes a while to set up.

at 700-1000rpm my 3000 rpm fans are silent too :P

but if you've heard 2000 rpm, can you imagine 3000? lol

My rig:

Which fans?

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

in the bios under your fan control, are you sure PWM is selected (this is of course assuming your case fan headers and fans are 4 pin)

My rig:

in the bios under your fan control, are you sure PWM is selected (this is of course assuming your case fan headers and fans are 4 pin)

My motherboard has 4-pin case fan headers, but the PWM simply doesn't work on them. The 4th pin is fake, and this is happening with lots and lots of motherboards. So technically, they're 3-pin.

My motherboard has 4-pin case fan headers, but the PWM simply doesn't work on them. The 4th pin is fake, and this is happening with lots and lots of motherboards. So technically, they're 3-pin.

then 60% is as good as bios will allow. you'll have to use speed fan it seems.

My rig:

then 60% is as good as bios will allow. you'll have to use speed fan it seems.

Well, okay then. Thanks for helping!