Taskbar/start menu icons are low resolution, but only sometimes.

Hell Patrol

Okay, so this is a really minor inconvenience but it's something that is a bit bothersome. For some reason my taskbar icons appear to be low resolution (the way they look in 16 bit mode kind-of, but even worse). Here's the catch, they only do this when pinned.

If I unpin a taskbar icon while the program is open, the icon reverts to full resolution. Consequentially if I even right click it, nevermind pin it. It will go back to the low resolution state. I have confirmed the obvious, I'm running both monitors in 32 bit mode, I'm not using the basic color scheme, and my drivers and such are up to date. An interesting catch is that the start menu icons do this as well. Another interesting thing, is I managed to get the google chrome logo back to its normal look permanently. I am not sure how but it occurred after a restart in which I unpinned and repinned the taskbar icon.

My gpu settings are all the same as they were before this happened as well, I've tried switching color schemes and I've tried changing from 32 to 16 bit and back multiple times, as well as computer restarts with all variants of those settings. I can't find a reason for this, and it doesn't appear to happen to newly added logos either. If I'm missing some information here, I'm happy to provide info as needed. This is a minor inconvenience as I said but one I'd like to solve (and certainly an ugly one at that).

For reference on how they look while pinned and unpinned, here are crops.

This is unpinned

cLGqnrT.png

This is after a right click of the unpinned icon or after pinning it.

OcVBAqH.png