Can i move a save from a pirated version of the game, to a more up to date purchased one?

Yuval

Well i pirated the game, but damn it's so good, and i'd like to buy it - but i was wondering if i can keep my save from my current session and move it to the other. Anyone knows if this is possible?

:/

Well i pirated the game, but damn it's so good, and i'd like to buy it - but i was wondering if i can keep my save from my current session and move it to the other. Anyone knows if this is possible?

Probably. Why not give it a try?

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

Probably. Why not give it a try?

I progressed to much in the game to just start over, don't think i will want to play the game all over again if i lose my save.

Yes the save files are in the same location

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Oh craps, the game is witcher 3

Yes, you can.  Even when you uninstall TW3 your saves are not removed.  I would make a backup of them though, just in case.

Oh craps, the game is witcher 3

if you got it from GoG then you are good to go. i know that some steam games are finicky about save files but still most of them have accepted pirated save files from my experience

Welcome to Temeria.  Or Nilfgaard at this stage ):

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Wither 3 is DRM free - no crack - the saves are in the same place. Yup you can do it.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

LOL Witcher 3, shoulda bought it in the first place , its a bloody good game.

I preordered the Collector's Edition ages ago. Now I'm waiting for them to MOD in SoD Graphical effects.

LOL Witcher 3, shoulda bought it in the first place , its a bloody good game.

I preordered the Collector's Edition ages ago. Now I'm waiting for them to MOD in SoD Graphical effects.

etc. etc.

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

etc. etc.

I ran the game at Ultra 4K on SLI 980s , the game still need UHD Meshes , Textures on the faces of the Main Characters , Lighting Tweaks and Soft Particles . I Hope the Redkit allows for that. I personally like the saturated colours of the game . But there is clearly something lacking and its not just the Blue Hue and desaturation from SweetFX.

Either way I love the game , Its my Game of the Year next to MGSV.

I Miss Yennifer's Old face. Personal preference.

I ran the game at Ultra 4K on SLI 980s , the game still need UHD Meshes , Textures on the faces of the Main Characters , Lighting Tweaks and Soft Particles . I Hope the Redkit allows for that. I personally like the saturated colours of the game . But there is clearly something lacking and its not just the Blue Hue and desaturation from SweetFX.

Either way I love the game , Its my Game of the Year next to MGSV.

I Miss Yennifer's Old face. Personal preference.

1. it is Yennefer 

2. What about Arkham Knight :o and Just Cause 3 :o AND MAD MAX :o

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

1. it is Yennefer 

2. What about Arkham Knight :o and Just Cause 3 :o AND MAD MAX :o

1. I just like the look better , she looks better in the sword of Destiny , personal preference.

2. Arkham Knight is no doubt going to be a solid experience with a decent story , I'm sure they'll add in the Batmobile for more options and gadgets.

Just Cause 3 is going to be great as much as I liked the 2nd one , the missions structure is terrible , I don't think they'll improve on that.

Mad Max , Not a fan of post-apocalypse games , I only bought The Last of Us because of the Naughty dog Logo .

I spent close to 50hrs playing the Witcher barely touching the main quest , getting sucked into the side quest. Exploring the world , strolling around on Horse-back. I haven't had such a great time with an RPG . My first playthrough will probably take 150+hrs and I have no qualms about having bought the game twice.(The PS4 Collector's Edition and the GoG version).

Metal Gear Solid V looks like what Peace Walker would be if it was on Nextgen , I sunk about 100hrs into the HD Collection on Peacewalker back on PS3 . Now you can actually Build your base and visit your base and customise your base, There is MGO which is going to be awesome.

The Buddy AI looks freaking amazing. Watch the gameplay demo with Quiet. The Maps are suppose to be huge and the Options seem to be unprecedented . It helps that Playing Ground Zeroes gives you a sense that they made the game a lot harder than previous MGS , adding to the replay value.

Overall I don't think any game this year in terms of Size , scope and replayability can compete with these 2 . I plan to sink at least 600+hrs playing them both and I'm sure even then I would not have completed every thing Witcher 3 has to offer or S-rank Every mission in MGS V.

If Uncharted was coming out this year , it would be another story , I am a sucker for Naughty Dog games . Always loved their narrative.

I'm pretty sure no other game this year would have the replayability of MGS V and Witcher 3.

1. I just like the look better , she looks better in the sword of Destiny , personal preference.

2. Arkham Knight is no doubt going to be a solid experience with a decent story , I'm sure they'll add in the Batmobile for more options and gadgets.

Just Cause 3 is going to be great as much as I liked the 2nd one , the missions structure is terrible , I don't think they'll improve on that.

Mad Max , Not a fan of post-apocalypse games , I only bought The Last of Us because of the Naughty dog Logo .

I spent close to 50hrs playing the Witcher barely touching the main quest , getting sucked into the side quest. Exploring the world , strolling around on Horse-back. I haven't had such a great time with an RPG . My first playthrough will probably take 150+hrs and I have no qualms about having bought the game twice.(The PS4 Collector's Edition and the GoG version).

Metal Gear Solid V looks like what Peace Walker would be if it was on Nextgen , I sunk about 100hrs into the HD Collection on Peacewalker back on PS3 . Now you can actually Build your base and visit your base and customise your base, There is MGO which is going to be awesome.

The Buddy AI looks freaking amazing. Watch the gameplay demo with Quiet. The Maps are suppose to be huge and the Options seem to be unprecedented . It helps that Playing Ground Zeroes gives you a sense that they made the game a lot harder than previous MGS , adding to the replay value.

Overall I don't think any game this year in terms of Size , scope and replayability can compete with these 2 . I plan to sink at least 600+hrs playing them both and I'm sure even then I would not have completed every thing Witcher 3 has to offer or S-rank Every mission in MGS V.

If Uncharted was coming out this year , it would be another story , I am a sucker for Naughty Dog games . Always loved their narrative.

I'm pretty sure no other game this year would have the replayability of MGS V and Witcher 3.

I really want to play Metal Gear Online :P

Damn it, y u have to be so fun... Probs the last game i ever pirate, seeing how an old - unstable buggy version can ruin a game.. Now i am missing 60 bucks