Newbie - I need help picking parts for my first build

Hello, I am building my first computer soon and I've spent all day finding parts. I am a serious video editor and small gamer. Here is my parts list so far:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/yHt8qs

1. Is the CPU Cooler good enough? It has great ratings but its very cheap so I am not sure if it will get the job done, and if it's quiet enough.

2. I think my motherboard is fine?

3. Are Seagate Barracuda Hard Drives good? Its pretty cheap so just wondering if it's a good buy. 

4. I think the Video card is fine but someone said to stay away from STRIX, so I am not sure.

5. My biggest issue is finding a case. I need optical drives and space for the fans and possibly in the future, liquid cooling. I also want a window. Are there any other options under $100 for a plain looking case similar to Define R4/5?

6. I haven't added a Power Supply yet because I am not sure which one I should get. Any ideas?

I have everything else needed (I hope)

Thank you for your responses, this is my first time building a computer so I just want to make sure everything works fine and can be upgradable in the future. :)

1. It's fine.

2. It's fine.

3. It's fine.

4. It's fine.

5. Optical drives for what? Custom loop?

What kind of videos are you editing? No ssd?

Moving thread to New Builds and Planning.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1. It's fine.

2. It's fine.

3. It's fine.

4. It's fine.

5. Optical drives for what? Custom loop?

What kind of videos are you editing? No ssd?

Moving thread to New Builds and Planning.

Optical drives for playing DVDs and installing programs I guess. I also need to write to DVDs for work. I edit long/short videos. Some are weddings/bar mitzvahs, commercials, etc. I will be getting an SSD soon, just don't have the money quite yet. Any ideas for a Power Supply?

Thanks for moving the topic, I'm new here so I couldn't find the thread.

Optical drives for playing DVDs and installing programs I guess. I also need to write to DVDs for work. I edit long/short videos. Some are weddings/bar mitzvahs, commercials, etc. I will be getting an SSD soon, just don't have the money quite yet. Any ideas for a Power Supply?

Thanks for moving the topic, I'm new here so I couldn't find the thread.

What's your budget?

What programs are you using? Are you using many special effects or mainly cutting together footage?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

What's your budget?

What programs are you using? Are you using many special effects or mainly cutting together footage?

Right now I am at about $1000 without a power supply. I would say my budget is around $1100 including what I have and a power supply. I edit with After Effects mainly, but others include Sony Vegas, Cinema 4D, Premiere Pro, Ableton live. I do special effects with many layers sometimes, so I need something that can handle that. Thanks for the reply.

Right now I am at about $1000 without a power supply. I would say my budget is around $1100 including what I have and a power supply. I edit with After Effects mainly, but others include Sony Vegas, Cinema 4D, Premiere Pro, Ableton live. I do special effects with many layers sometimes, so I need something that can handle that. Thanks for the reply.

I'd recommend something like this instead: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MQbhLk

Make sure you get 2 or 4 sticks of RAM for duel channel. If you purchase your chosen board from Newegg you get 8 GB free with the purchase, get another 8 GBs and you'll be set. I'd suggest a minimum of 16 GB of RAM for video editing anyway.

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

I'd recommend something like this instead: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MQbhLk

Oh boy thats a lot to think about, I would be completely changing my parts. As far as CPU coolers go, is the be quiet better than what I have now? Also, what are the main differences between the two graphic cards? Obviously the 970 is better but is it worth it? Also, what case do you recommend for me? I want to do normal fan cooling now but possible liquid cooling in the future. Im stuck between the NZXT S340 and Fractal Design Define S. I will consider other cases as well. After thinking about the optical drive, I dont think I will need it.

Oh boy thats a lot to think about, I would be completely changing my parts. As far as CPU coolers go, is the be quiet better than what I have now? Also, what are the main differences between the two graphic cards? Obviously the 970 is better but is it worth it? Also, what case do you recommend for me? I want to do normal fan cooling now but possible liquid cooling in the future. Im stuck between the NZXT S340 and Fractal Design Define S. I will consider other cases as well. After thinking about the optical drive, I dont think I will need it.

The Pure Rock is better than the 212 Evo.

The 960 is a bit weaker but if your main focus isn't gaming, the headroom it gives to your budget is very valuable. 

I included the Arc Mini R2 in the parts list. It's good for air cooling and has many options for a custom loop. 

In the case that you don't need an optical drive, going with the S340 or Define S would be fine options if you move to an atx board.