Serious Issue

Isaki

So basically I build my new PC on Friday and it has been working really well, but around 30 mins ago when I started a heist on GTA V my PC just died. rebooted and started the heist again, but same problem crashes.

The first thing to happen is my video cuts out, then sound, but the LEDs stay on, the screen changes to the motherboard screen and stays on that until I power it off and power it back on.

Specs:

GTX 970

INTEL i5 4690k

MSI GAMING 3

Samsung 840 Evo

WD BLUE

ECT

any help appreciated

So basically I build my new PC on Friday and it has been working really well, but around 30 mins ago when I started a heist on GTA V my PC just died. rebooted and started the heist again, but same problem crashes.

The first thing to happen is my video cuts out, then sound, but the LEDs stay on, the screen changes to the motherboard screen and stays on that until I power it off and power it back on.

Specs:

GTX 970

INTEL i5 4690k

MSI GAMING 3

Samsung 840 Evo

WD BLUE

ECT

any help appreciated

What PSU are you using?

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

What is it with GTA causing PC's to die? Lol this is like the 10th one this month. 

Anyways PSU is probably the problem. List the specs of the full system :)

What PSU are you using?

Corsair cx600m

Corsair cx600m

Is it giving you any kind of error code or report when it crashes?

It could possibly be a faulty PSU. 

END OF LINE

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

What is it with GTA causing PC's to die? Lol this is like the 10th one this month. 

Anyways PSU is probably the problem. List the specs of the full system :)

The psu is 600 watt that should be enough shouldn't it?

Also update on it my PC no longer turns on

Is it giving you any kind of error code or report when it crashes?

It could possibly be a faulty PSU.

It was working fine till now and it now no longer turns on? Is 600w enough for my specs?

It was working fine till now and it now no longer turns on? Is 600w enough for my specs?

Do you have a different PSU or one you can borrow from a friend that you can try using? If you're not getting any power at all I would guess it's a fault PSU. To test the PSU you can try jumping the black and green wires on the 24 pin connector to see if the PSU fan turns on.

END OF LINE

Specs:

GTX 970

INTEL i5 4690k

MSI GAMING 3

Samsung 840 Evo

WD BLUE

ECT

any help appreciated

Hey Lord_Danalite,

Did your PC make any beeping sounds or did it have any error messages when crashing? What happens when you try to turn the computer on? Are there beeping sounds coming from the motherboard or any lights flashing? 
I would also try another PSU and see if that fixes the issue. also try running your PC on its bare minimum in safe mode (CPU only with one stick of RAM and only the boot storage drive).
Have you done any overclocking? If so, try running your system on stock speeds.
Are there any sounds coming from the HDD?

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

I don't think it's hardware related issue, it's more like sofware issue. 

I don't think it's hardware related issue, it's more like sofware issue. 

OP can't get his system to turn on, I'm thinking it's more hardware-related issue than software. 

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/