Will my PC run Witcher 3 Smoothly?

Darkr

Hi, I was wondering, since idk that much about the effect the cpu plays in gaming... So will my rig run Witcher 3 ultra at 40+fps 1920x1080?

Thank you :)

Rig:

2500k 4 core cpu@3.3ghz

R9 290x@Stock Clock

16 gigs ddr3

40+ fps? Yes that shouldn't be a problem :) Maybe not Everything on Ultra though but you should be able to! Btw don't use NVIDIA Hairworks! :)

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

40+ fps? Yes that shouldn't be a problem :) Maybe not Everything on Ultra though but you should be able to! Btw don't use NVIDIA Hairworks! :)

Or if you do, turn down tessellation in AMD Catalyst. Apparently that helps.

Or if you do, turn down tessellation in AMD Catalyst. Apparently that helps.

Ah okay nice, I don't have AMD so I had not idea, but I must say I prefer tessellation over hairworks anyday xD

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

who cares about hairworks i own a r9 290 and you can run it easily but maybe not on ultra but you would play it on high  

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Yes, but i need lower foliage visibility, edit ini file to disable MSAA for Hairworks and force Tessellation multiplier to 8x in CCC for Witcher 3 executable.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I used HairworksAA=4x, not the default 8x, and make your own AMD CCC Witcher3.exe profile with Tesselation factors set to 16x.

Then your as good as gold with top performance and top visuals.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

You don't need 60fps in this game for it to be smooth, btw.  That being said, set everything to ultra except for distant foliage, and activate all post-processing options you see fit.  If you want hairworks, use CCC to set max tesselation to 8x.

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

"Cos someone here had to"

:)

Onboard Graphics - I give you.....the HD4600

20 Unified Shaders, 4Rops/8TMUs 1.4Gpixel PixelFillrate & 2.8Gpixel Texturefillrate and my 2400Mhz SYSRAM = 38.4GB/s Bandwidth for it to use.

OC'd to 1650Mhz and setting everything in game to lowest it will go, low details, lowest resolution, low everything...

Ending up with 1650Mhz/1200Mhz - Super low minimums at start of the level loading,.. then balancing out to 15-20fps (Spikes to 25fps then boom,.. 15-20fps again) ^Non-Ini tweaked, so with that in mind, maybe that could very well make it playable (altho looking like the lovechild of the XB360/PS3 versions)

I got Heroes & Generals, BF4, Hardline & various other games all at a nice enjoyable 40fps+ (albiet at a XB360 type resolution)

Pretty impressive for a potato...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

"Cos someone here had to"

:)

Onboard Graphics - I give you.....the HD4600

20 Unified Shaders, 4Rops/8TMUs 1.4Gpixel PixelFillrate & 2.8Gpixel Texturefillrate and my 2400Mhz SYSRAM = 38.4GB/s Bandwidth for it to use.

OC'd to 1650Mhz and setting everything in game to lowest it will go, low details, lowest resolution, low everything...

Ending up with 1650Mhz/1200Mhz - Super low minimums at start of the level loading,.. then balancing out to 15-20fps (Spikes to 25fps then boom,.. 15-20fps again) ^Non-Ini tweaked, so with that in mind, maybe that could very well make it playable (altho looking like the lovechild of the XB360/PS3 versions)

I got Heroes & Generals, BF4, Hardline & various other games all at a nice enjoyable 40fps+ (albiet at a XB360 type resolution)

Pretty impressive for a potato...

OC'ED POTATO!?!

tumblr_ngr8k0Rbxv1s58xblo1_500.gif

I remember my old laptop with a HD 2000. What a beast potato.

Struggled to get 60 fps in cs 1.6

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.