Big question need you help!

I have a 2013 Asus ROG 46VW that has an unbearable 1366 x 786 resolution. I found a website online that sells upgrade screens for it, and I am going to buy one. The only problem is that the choices I have are limited, because they are sold out of the 1920x1080 IPS Matte finish screens. So, I am left with the choice of a 1080p Matte TN panel, or a 1080p Glossy IPS panel. Any thoughts of which one I should choose and why? This is a big issue for me. I have already upgraded a lot of stuff on the laptop, including storage and the cpu, and this should be the final upgrade till I get this laptop perfect. I know my FPS in games with be lower, but the resolution of this screen is just so poor and it needs to be fixed. Thanks, 

Dave C.

IPS for sure. TN panels have usually terrible viewing angles and color reproduction, but they have lightning fast response times and almost no input lag. However, the IPS panel has better colors and viewing angles, but their frequency is usually lower, and they usually have considerable input lag.

FairladyZ | If you want to reply to me, please quote my post! Idiocity, the best money wasting PC build ever!

It'll affect battery life too..

If I had to choose, I'd wait till the got more of the matte IPS panels back in stock or buy a separate monitor so that you have better battery life on the laptop and more comfort when playing with an external display... Ignore the monitor idea if you need to be able to play games when on the go / at different locations.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Fast Gaming = TN

Editing/Professional work = IPS

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

First of all, don't get a glossy surface. The day after you buy one of those, it'll become a dust magnet, and it usually looks really ugly with the dust.

So if you can, get a matte finish surface.

Fast Gaming = TN

Editing/Professional work = IPS

Also follow this rule.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8GHz | EVGA RTX 2060 SUPER | MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon | G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB @ 3200MHz C14 | EVGA G3 650W

Laptop: 2023 Macbook Pro 16" - M2 Max | 64GB RAM | 1TB SSD

if you often do soemthing with it oustside you should go with the tn if you dont i would go for the ips

I think that I am going to go TN. I dont need very accurate colors and I think a faster panel would be better than one more suited towards color reproduction. Also, I like the matte over the glossy