ASUS VII Ranger Windows 8.1 Problems

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone had any problems between this board and Windows 8.1, its fine on Windows 8 but following a sneaky auto update I got stuck with 8.1 and ended up having some horrid problems.

Quite frequently the keyboard just locks up, random keys stop working, clicking things like links opens new tabs and so on, its like a key is held down for some reason, when this happens the whole computer slows right down as well and wierdly the alt tab screen selects windows from right to left instead of from left to right, only fix I've found is to restart from the start menu (hovering in the right corner then trying to restart from there does not work) then during restart the PC always goes into repair mode.

The other fault is it seams to hang on the Windows load screen for about 30 seconds, I've got an SSD so it should be a lot quicker and normally it is.

Any ideas whats wrong? I've tried so many drivers, updated the bios, reinstalled Windows.

Its just strange how it works fine on any other OS or computer, there seams to something specific about this board and windows 8 as I had an MSI board before (that broke and this board replaced it) and that one did not have these problems.