What power supply do i need?

justinfields

Can you look at my build and tell me what power supply I need?  I would like it to be either fully or semi modular, and not super expensive

PC SPECS: CPU: Pentium G3258 Anniversary Edition│GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce 4GB(soon!)│MBO: Asus Z97-A │PSU: Rosewill 550w Fully-Modular │CASE: Deepcool TESSERACT SW

Can you look at my build and tell me what power supply I need?  I would like it to be either fully or semi modular, and not super expensive

Heres the build sorry

• CPU
    Intel i5 4690k
  • Motherboard
    Asus Z97-A
  • RAM
    8GB Gskills ripjaw
  • GPU
    Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce
  • Case
    Cooler Master N500
  • Storage
    WD 1TB Blue
  •  
  • Display(s)
    Acer GN246HL Black 24" 1ms 144hz
  • Cooling
    Corsair H50 120mm
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K70 (soon!)
  • Mouse
    Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming House
  • Sound
    Headphones and a Blue Snowball mic
  • Operating System
    Windows 8.1

PC SPECS: CPU: Pentium G3258 Anniversary Edition│GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce 4GB(soon!)│MBO: Asus Z97-A │PSU: Rosewill 550w Fully-Modular │CASE: Deepcool TESSERACT SW

I would go 650W+ and 80+ Bronze or up if you are planning on overclocking your gpu and cpu, ~550W or more if you don't want to overclock, mild OC's probably will also be possible.

Make sure to get a trusted brand though like Be Quiet!, Corsair, Seasonic etc.

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

A good quality 450W would be fine with that rig.. if you plan to ever go SLI then I'd be looking at a decent 750W

If you were to go something with the power draw of a 290 or Titan then I'd say 550W single card.. (Make sure it's a good unit, check reviews at jony guru)

Seasonic generally makes good stuff as does superflower.. The evga G2's are good as are some corsairs, coolermasters and xfx's..

You can't generally say x brand as they use different OEM's for different models, Check reviews is the only sure way to know.

Corsair are great for 1 particular reason (as are NZXT) They will replace anything that gets damaged due to the unit failing.. But you need to prove it was the unit and how much they offer can be a bit low(gotta fight a lil) but it's better than many others will do

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

I would go 650W+ and 80+ Bronze or up if you are planning on overclocking your gpu and cpu, ~550W or more if you don't want to overclock, mild OC's probably will also be possible.

Make sure to get a trusted brand though like Be Quiet!, Corsair, Seasonic etc.

Why do I need to get a quality brand?  Can't I just get a Raidmax?

It's just too risky investing in shady psu's, when it dies it can take out your whole pc with it.

Never even heard about raidmax :P

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

If you want to do SLI in the future, get 750W.

If not, a 550W unit is good enough,.

Look at Corsair, EVGA and XFX units, they are often well priced and are good quality. Go at least for 80+ Bronze

Never ever cheap out on PSU, it is the most important part of PC, only get good brand one!!!