How to fix frame rate in GTA V!

ADZ_123_!"£

Seen as every single person on this forum is constantly asking for tips on how to get better frame rates in GTA V I am going to share with you guys the best way to sought out bad frame rates.

You must turn down the Extended Distance Scaling This will give a dramatic performance increase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clr__ZkzDlc

this video explains what it does. :)

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

It's not revolutionairy to say: Turn down your settings and frame rate increases.

Yes but it's the setting that simply turning down you could see a 15 fps increase and it's not the most obvious one to turn down and it's really annoying seeing all these comments saying "why am I getting such a bad frame rate in GTA V?"

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Yes but it's the setting that simply turning down you could see a 15 fps increase and it's not the most obvious one to turn down and it's really annoying seeing all these comments saying "why am I getting such a bad frame rate in GTA V?"

But it also intoduces more popping which IMO is horrible, but oh well we can't have everything. 

But it also intoduces more popping which IMO is horrible, but oh well we can't have everything. 

I was simply posting it as a simple yet not obvious way to increase frame rate and to hopefully reduce the amount of those pointless posts.

thanks for sharing this! :) this will help out a lot of 970 users ;)

but the 970 is'nt a bad Graphics card, it can run gta V just fine

i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Corsair DDR4 LPX 16 GB | MSI GTX 970 Gaming | Corsair 750D | WD Black 1 TB | MX100 256 GB | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 Watt | ASUS VG248QE | Corsair H105 | K70 MX blues non-RGB | M95 | H1500 | Windows 8.1 64-bit

thanks for sharing this! :) this will help out a lot of 970 users ;)

If anyone needs help it's the AMD users :(

Hopefully they'll get a driver soon.

ok my gta crash randomly every like 10 minutes of gameplay i have everything maxed out on 290 and 1080p would those advanced settings turned down prevent me from crashing?

ok my gta crash randomly every like 10 minutes of gameplay i have everything maxed out on 290 and 1080p would those advanced settings turned down prevent me from crashing?

Sorry but I think the reason that it's crashing is because the games is crap on AMD hardware.

-.-...

Improve FPS by not touching advanced graphics at all......

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

I just want to do away with the screen tearing that started happening after the last patch, it happens even if I am getting a constant 60fps :/

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14