Will TPM fry my motherboard?

First of all sorry for making so many threads so often...still new to PC building and even though I've built a few rigs now, I still keep finding new things to get confused about.

I just ordered this board tonight.

http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/P8P67_WS_Revolution/

I also ordered the TPM module for it since that guy didn't have it. I'm just wondering if I can leave it connected to the board all the time, 24/7. I assume I can since nothing says otherwise but I'm kinda paranoid it will short it out or something.

Also if anyone can tell me in more detail what TPM is, that eould be great!

Once again, really so sorry for all the threads. I do a lot of searching before I make them. I just have lots of questions still.

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

First of all sorry for making so many threads so often...still new to PC building and even though I've built a few rigs now, I still keep finding new things to get confused about.

I just ordered this board tonight.

http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/P8P67_WS_Revolution/

I also ordered the TPM module for it since that guy didn't have it. I'm just wondering if I can leave it connected to the board all the time, 24/7. I assume I can since nothing says otherwise but I'm kinda paranoid it will short it out or something.

Also if anyone can tell me in more detail what TPM is, that eould be great!

Once again, really so sorry for all the threads. I do a lot of searching before I make them. I just have lots of questions still.

No it won't cause any problems, it has a dedicated TPM slot on that mobo and it's keyed in a certain direction for you to install in so it's not a problem. It's mainly used for storing secure keys and passwords on a dedicated chip but in most situations I haven't seen many people purchase theses except maybe for business use.

Awesome, thanks so much! I just got it for the diagnostics and bios boot abilities the one for my mobo has. Plus I imagine it will look really cool through my cases window :P

Hi, a TPM is useful for encrypting drives with bitlocker, I personally use one, it just allows you to avoid using a USB key to store the secure keys, as you said, it looks sexy, just wondering, which one did you get?

Hi, a TPM is useful for encrypting drives with bitlocker, I personally use one, it just allows you to avoid using a USB key to store the secure keys, as you said, it looks sexy, just wondering, which one did you get?

This sexy little beast right here. It's the one that Asus included with this mobo. Pretty much the other main reason I bought it...I like to have the complete package. It's more of a multi purpose tool than just a TPM. That's why I was scared to just leave it on the board all the time without asking first.

http://aphnetworks.com/review/asus_p8p67_ws_revolution/009.JPG

Nice, yeah Power button reset, and LED readout, mine is just a TPM that one is sexy