GTA V STUTTERING R9 290

THGM

Gigabyte B85M-D2V | Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 | Kingston hyperX 8GB | XFX R9 290 DD 15.4 drivers | CM G650M | Windows 8.1 64bit

Any ideas how to fix this?

Did you get the AMD drivers which are optimized for GTA V?

Yea i'm using 15.4 drivers. Gpu usage is average 70%, sometimes it drops below 60fps, but its mostly around 60.

Do you have vsync? If you dont mind the small additional lag, this would probably get rid of stuttering. Is GTA 5 locked to 60 fps?

Also, its perfectly nromal that early beta drivers such as the 15.4 driver are not perfect. Wait a couple days and they should release a final driver wihtout the present issues

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

I tried without vsync, with vsync, half vsync, 60hz, 100hz, 120hz... same result really.

it also seems to crash a lot lately after the loading/intro videos... 

Ok, so apparently when my refresh rate is 120hz and my fps is around 120 or even higher its all good, however, when the fps is low there's stuttering and its frustuating for the eyes. I get the same bad stuttering on 60hz/60fps or even higher.  Any ideas?

Ok, so apparently when my refresh rate is 120hz and my fps is around 120 or even higher its all good, however, when the fps is low there's stuttering and its frustuating for the eyes. I get the same bad stuttering on 60hz/60fps or even higher.  Any ideas?

That could be why, 120hz running @ 60fps? try dropping your Refresh rate and test it.

Try dropping it to 60hz @ 60fps

Then try

100hz @ 60fps

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.

• 4 weeks later...

That could be why, 120hz running @ 60fps? try dropping your Refresh rate and test it.

Try dropping it to 60hz @ 60fps

Then try

100hz @ 60fps

OP - THIS, most likely. OR...Lower in game details and achieve a better Minimum FPS range closer to the target of 120fps.

Using a 120hz panel and only getting 60fps into it, thats truly fucked up visually un-immersive and mentally feels like a kick in the nuts/gina.

/Also make sure the 'Power' in your GPU control panel is a Positive value or it will declock in certain situations even under load...

ztoTf0p.png

To start with, +20 'Power' should keep it sustaining its maximum clock (& MinFPS)  for longer, and you may not even need 50+ values.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

It shouldn't have a problem as long as you haven't Screwed with it. Try latest drivers and reset card and monitor to default settings. Then set monitor to 60hz and Mai afterburner limit fps to 59. Turn on vsync and see what happens. If that doesn't work then...it must be either faulty hardware or just shite programming on the devs end. Which clearly was optimized for nvidia (Backdoor deals, I just know it)

Z77A-G43 LGA 1155, Intel I5 3450s, Radeon R9 290 (non-X), Cooler Master V750 Gold (750W) PSU, 2x4GB Ripjaws X 1866 MHz, 1x4 Crucial 1866 MHz, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, Thor V2 Full-tower Case, Acer 1920x1080 Monitor