MOBO will simply not post.

babadoctor
Go to solution Solved by dragoon20005,

have you done an external build of the pc?

bios needs to be updated to support that chip

i5 4440 is haswell chip

only the 4460 is haswell refresh

the H81 will let you boot with fans spinning

Hey guys,

I need help troubleshooting my build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/m49GD3

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/m49GD3
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/m49GD3/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($189.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI H81M-E33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($45.60 @ Directron) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($67.98 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.56 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 4GB Dual-X Video Card  ($167.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($47.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ Micro Center) 
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer  ($14.93 @ Amazon) 
Total: $629.03
I have tried everything. I have got a new board because i accidentally bent the mobo pins on my asus. I tried booting without anything but the CPU, Heatsink, Ram, and monitor on. My case did not come with a case speaker. I just... i dont want to build it anymore. i just want to return everything or just throw the whole FUCKING thing out the window. Why does this happen to me of all people? The pins are not bent on my motherboard. The CPU is supported. ive watched many many many hours worth of video on how to troubleshoot a MOBO and how to build a PC. I have one ram stick so i think this might be the problem. I just cant know for sure, because i can't buy more ram as i dont have enough money. ):
Any suggestions?

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Thanks linus.

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Hm, you can't boot without ram.

Can you get ahold of another ram stick to test?

Did you get any beeps when trying to post without ram?

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

Hm, you can't boot without ram.

Can you get ahold of another ram stick to test?

my family is a mac family and my dad owns the newest iMac, does that contain the correct mem?

my family is a mac family and my dad owns the newest iMac, does that contain the correct mem?

Nah, it's SO-DIMM which is basically laptop ram.

And since it's the newest iMac it's soldered in.

Anyway, if you try to post without the ram and the board beeps, it's probably bad ram. If it doesn't, then it might be just the board.

Make sure your board has a beep code for ram error (usually 3 beeps).

Have you tried shorting the PSU to make sure it's not it?

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

Nah, it's SO-DIMM which is basically laptop ram.

And since it's the newest iMac it's soldered in.

Anyway, if you try to post without the ram and the board beeps, it's probably bad ram. If it doesn't, then it might be just the board.

Make sure your board has a beep code for ram error.

Have you tried shorting the PSU to make sure it's not it?

? how do i short it. Also can i use any speaker to hear the beeps? if so where do i plug it into case audio jack or mobo jack

? how do i short it. Also can i use any speaker to hear the beeps? if so where do i plug it into

Here: http://aphnetworks.com/tutorials/psu_paperclip_trick

Plug a fan or something to a molex.

And you don't need a speaker to hear the beeps. The mobo has a speaker built-in. 

And you don't need a speaker to hear the beeps. The mobo has a speaker built-in. 

NO beeps even with no ram in.

PSU is working, the fan is on.

thing is bro

this model

dont have a speaker

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/H81ME33.html#hero-overview

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

NO beeps even with no ram in.

PSU is working, the fan is on.

Eh, your mobo might not have an internal speaker then.

Anyway, just get another dimm and try posting with it. Buy a cheap one or get someone to lend you one.

Eh, your mobo might not have an internal speaker then.

Do you know if i can use external speakers as mobo speakers? if so where does the jack go? mobo or case jack?

Do you know if i can use external speakers as mobo speakers? if so where does the jack go? mobo or case jack?

does you case have a speaker?

the speaker cable look like a 4 pin but with 2 wires red/black wires

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Nope, you'd have to buy a tiny mobo speaker. Unless your case has a speaker built-in which might not be the case.

Edit: just checked, it doesn't.

Nope, you'd have to buy a tiny mobo speaker.

can i just use the 2 wires on my speakers and touch them to 2 mobo pins and hear?

You can't use external speakers. Case speakers are cheap, and any PC store will have some. But not every motherboard has a plug for them these days.

Make sure the 8 PIN CPU power is plugged into the board, that the RAM stick you do have is seated correctly and everything else is plugged in correctly.

You can't use external speakers. Case speakers are cheap, and any PC store will have some. But not every motherboard has a plug for them these days.

Make sure the 8 PIN CPU power is plugged into the board, that the RAM stick you do have is seated correctly and everything else is plugged in correctly.

8PIN CPU? mine is 4..........

can i just use the 2 wires on my speakers and touch them to 2 mobo pins and hear?

You could do that in theory since red is power and black is ground, but I really have my doubts since you don't know how many volts you need to drive the speaker.

8PIN CPU? mine is 4..........

He was talking about EPS which drives more power to the board than the common 4 pin ATX.

You could do that in theory since red is power and black is ground, but I really have my doubts since you don't know how many volts you need to drive the speaker.

He was talking about EPS which drives more power to the board than the common 4 pin ATX.

Okay

Mine is a speaker that plugs into wall and has 2 wires for black and red

bios updated?

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Okay

Mine is a speaker that plugs into wall and has 2 wires for black and red

Yeah, but you don't know the voltage needed to drive it. It probably needs 12v or more, and the speaker pin doesn't do that much voltage.

one-does-not-f7soyv.jpg

i tried and nothign worked

Yeah, but you don't know the voltage needed to drive it. It probably needs 12v or more, and the speaker pin doesn't do that much voltage.

okay ill buy speakers, better yet can i use speakers i pulled from an old Dell optiplex GX280?gx280_tower-500x500.jpg

okay ill buy speakers, better yet can i use speakers i pulled from an old Dell optiplex GX280?

What does the speaker socket look like?