Getting a new tablet

Haywalker

So sometime ago my ASUS TF700 stopped working, i tried to get it repaired but couldn't find a replacement part.

so i decided to get the new ASUS transformer the TF303CL since i really liked my TF700 and quite frankly can't seem to make my mind up about all the new tablets on the market, so do you guys have any other suggestions, do you think its worth it..

my general use is studying, watching movies, Surfing.. that's it and the only other tablet i could think of myself switching to is the nexus 9.

I know both aren't released yet but i am just planning ahead

Edited by Harmer

I Listen. i Observe. I Learn. I make my own decision 

So sometime ago my ASUS TF700 stopped working, i tried to get it repaired but couldn't find a replacement part.

so i decided to get the new ASUS transformer the TF303CL since i really liked my TF700 and quite frankly can't seem to make my mind up about all the new tablets on the market, so do you guys have any other suggestions, do you think its worth it..

my general use is studying, watching movies, Surfing.. that's it and the only other tablet i could think of myself switching to is the nexus 9.

I know both aren't released yet but i am just planning ahead

My friend wanted to get a tablet some time ago, so I told him to get something with win8 - he's using it now both as a tablet and as a laptop. The cost was around 650$, don't remember the model, sry.

Anyways: I think, that it's better to get a transformer, with windows onboard.

If you need some good performance and productivity options, I would recommend you to get the Surface Pro 2/3. I currently have the Pro 2 and it is great, but it is expensive.

I would aim for a full Windows 8.1 based machine. Android isn't the greatest at rendering page content and all that jazz. There's so much more flexibility of having Windows on a tablet. Especially a 2 in 1 which turns into a laptop once you dock the keyboard.

• 4 weeks later...