How is Project Cars running now?

PlayModeOn

A few months ago Project Cars runs very bad on AMD hardware. For example a GTX 770 outperforms a R9 290X.

But many months has passed now and there has been YouTube videos in the last two weeks with people using FX-8350 + GTX 970 or 780 at Ultra or semi-Ultra 60-80 FPS. Which is impressive because I was expecting 30-40FPS. Just hope they can nail it further closer to release.

Can anyone with a recent build copy of Project Cars confirm that it runs good with FX-8350 now? What about AMD GPUs?

I am going to upgrade to an i7 at the end of the year for production work (University video game and rendering project) so I hope I will get extra FPS too.

Thanks.

(Yes I know drivers has not been release, but knowing it can run well pre-driver is good news)

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

Its an Nvidia Sabotageworks title and AMD probably hasn't had the opportunity to optimize their graphics drivers for the proprietary features.

Thought so - this game has lots of Nvidia logo textures inside the tracks (walls, billboards, bridges, etc), but how is the FX-8350 holding up?

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

:(

Its an Nvidia Sabotageworks title and AMD probably hasn't had the opportunity to optimize their graphics drivers for the proprietary features.

cant you turn em off?

cant you turn em off?

Project Cars uses PhysX as a core component for it's physics engine. Just like their previous game - Shift 2.

Project Cars uses PhysX as a core component for it's physics engine. Just like their previous game - Shift 2.

what a bunch of wankers

With these settings 

16644215365_b14c9ebcbc_o.png

16458044039_0fc376da3f_o.png

My 7950 get around high 40s fps on start line and >60fps anywhere else at stock 850mhz. 

Enviroment Map is one of the performance hit culprit, turn it down to med/low if your FPS is too bad.

16436926657_d4d029acff_o.png

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

With these settings 

16644215365_b14c9ebcbc_o.png

16458044039_0fc376da3f_o.png

My 7950 get around high 40s fps on start line and >60fps anywhere else at stock 850mhz. 

Enviroment Map is one of the performance hit culprit, turn it down to med/low if your FPS is too bad.

16436926657_d4d029acff_o.png

Even a HD 7950 not doing so good.

Remember GTX 770 has a 10FPS advantage over R9 290X which is outrageous.

Even a HD 7950 not doing so good.

Remember GTX 770 has a 10FPS advantage over R9 290X which is outrageous.

Which benchmark are you talking about? 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

They are selfish and stingy with their tech, and resort to questionable moves to have their products outperform the competition in select games.

In the absence of competition they take every opportunity to rape your wallet. If you remember the price of the high end 700 series GPUs before the R9 290/290X came out... and now the 980.

Not to mention the recent 970 VRAM fiasco that got many fired up. And now they are trying to stop people overclocking their 900m cards, a ballsy move because there is no competition from AMD in discrete mobile GPUs.

Knowing all this, I can't fathom anyone standing up for such a company. Yet people defend Nvidia to the death when AMD is quite the polar opposite.

hhmm... to be honest i don't have any prob with my nvidia card. and the pricing is totally just fine buddy. 

i think it depends on what you're doing with your PC.

if your main purpose with your PC is for gaming i agree with u. u should take AMD cards. they're good for money. and i also was an AMD user for a long time.

but if u're also a content creator, nvidia is a good card. and to be honest, when u're using 3D apps (especially lumion) u'll understand why nvidia is usually more expensive than AMD.

from my own experience, as long as u're a content creator u'll be pleased by geforce card. it's like a hybrid card between gaming and workstation card. 

when i bought GTX 780, my friend told me that R9 290 would come out, he suggest me to wait. (since i was an AMD user before)

but still i bought my 780. 

couple months later he bought R9 290 right after it was available in my country,

and... ok,.. he's using the same programs just like me. every apps that he's using for working are totally the same

aaanndd... he sold his R9 290 two weeks after he buy it and buy the same GTX 780 just like mine.

i think this is why nvidia geforce card is always more expensive than AMD. but still content creators just like me don't complain. why? it gives us better productivity.

and we're ok with the price.

and, linus's crews are also using nvidia cards on their PCs right?

so if u said that AMD is more make sense, if your main purpose is gaming, i totally agree with u. AMD is a DAMN GOOD BANG FOR THE BUCK!!! hahaha.. 

Which benchmark are you talking about? 

YouTube videos, gamingpru, overclock forum, subscribers. They are not exactly hard to find.

Here is one from anandtech forum http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2371711

And also Shift 2 was their previous game and it doesn't like ATI/AMD cards much too (PhysX dependent). It is not a secret....

And people are actually expressing their anger about this so I am not saying things out of my ass.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/234630/discussions/0/540734792953723817/

There are more of these but this one has more than 10 pages.

And another one here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/234630/discussions/0/613938693146311852/

And another one acknowledging the poor performance on AMD: http://steamcommunity.com/app/234630/discussions/0/610573009242212194/

This is known for a long time since this is a crowd-funded game so AMD owners who help funded this game are starting to get worried.

Plus their trailers has Nvidia logos on the tracks, road, walls, sign, billboards, everywhere!

This is suppose to be a crowd-funded game but they got a bit of Nvidia cash in their pocket. In some recent events they are only running on Nvidia GPUs and have Nvidia banners and stickers during the event...

But whatever I am really enjoying Race '07 and its expansion packs right now, only $3 too.

Yes I won't deny their cards are good. But I'm more concerned about the things they do as a company.

Yeaa.. Since geforce is a customer grade card they need to compete by any means necessary Even it has a lot of workstation features. But still, it's a customer grade.

And, thanks to AMD i can love nvidia even more since their workstation grade cards (quadros) are expensive

Yeaa.. Since geforce is a customer grade card they need to compete by any means necessary Even it has a lot of workstation features. But still, it's a customer grade.

And, thanks to AMD i can love nvidia even more since their workstation grade cards (quadros) are expensive

well QUADROS are meant for companies and movie directors not normal consumers. So nvidia took the advantage

A wuadro is just basicly an improved TITAN

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

well QUADROS are meant for companies and movie directors not normal consumers. So nvidia took the advantage

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You do realize that PhysX has an open SDK for years it's very different from gameworks.

They use the CPU version which has no effect on AMD what so ever the only thing locked are GPU features.

The game simply doesn't run good on AMD because it's not finished and AMD won't get access to the game until a few weeks before launch.

This also happens the other way around with AMD based games.

RTX2070OC 

Quadro is a geforce card with fancy materials that keeps them working so stable and cool. And what makes titan so expensive is it has one of quadro's feature called "double precision. That is a feature that makes quadro so expensive.

So basically, titan is a quadro GPU with geforce material (as far as i know). Its a real hybrid card between geforce and quadro.

The game simply doesn't run good on AMD because it's not finished and AMD won't get access to the game until a few weeks before launch.

This also happens the other way around with AMD based games.

You forgot Shift 2.

Anything with PhysX is an Nvidia-sponsored title. So they'll prioritise Nvidia products. It doesn't matter if PhysX is handled via the CPU or not, it is still a Nvidia technology and game developers who wants to use the SDK has to play nice. And also come on they got Nvidia logos plastered everywhere inside their game and trailers! It's like a big billboard warning AMD users not to buy their game, hilarious.

Historically every game that has Physx and has the "The Way It's Meant To Be Played" branding just runs terrible on AMD, that is just fact. Many benchmarks will prove that and I have played a lot of these games with this branding. I do not like AMD or Nvidia doing these kind of deals. They sabotage the games to force people to buy Nvidia products for their Nvidia games, hell I gave up and decided my next upgrade will be Nvidia. Still feels shitty. But I will upgrade CPU to Intel first and a brand new PSU.

However Nvidia GPU on AMD title games seems to run fine so I don't know where you got "This also happens the other way around with AMD based games" from, AMD is trying to be more open while Nvidia is trying to monopolise, can't you see the different philosophy? Please tell me the games where Nvidia GPU runs terrible on AMD games, for example a R9 270X or R9 280X beating a GTX 780. 

Battlefield 4, Far Cry 3, Bioshock, Sleeping Dogs, Saints Row IV Dirt 3, Tomb Raider, Hitman Absolution, Alien Isolation all run well on Nvidia and AMD equally.

Shift 2, Borderlands, Assassin's Creed IV, Call of Duty games, MGS GZ, doesn't run as well on AMD with their Nvidia counterparts.

I get great FPS even on this crappy CPU, for me its more GPU intensive, I run it all on high with 2x filtering and can achieve about 40 FPS.

PC Specs   - Black and White Build

Intel Core i5 4690k MSI Z97S Krait LGA 1150

Crucial Ballistix Sport 1x8GB 1600MHZ

Sapphire Radeon R9 270 (Will be upgrading this soon)

EVGA 500W PSU

Phanteks Enthoo Pro - White