New PC build

Hello guys, 

I have plans to sell my old PC and buy for the first time real gaming computer. This will be my 3rd custom pc build.

Now i'm using:

MB: Asrock Z77 Pro-4M ; CPU: Intel i5-2500k + Corsair Hydro H60 ; Memory: 4x2GB Corsair Blue Vengeance 1600MHz; Video: Sapphire HD 7770 OC ; PSU: Corsair CX600 ; SSD: Samsung 850 PRo 250GB ; HDD: 1 TB WD Black ; Case: Thermaltake New Soprano

So my plan is to save the CPU cooler, SSD/HDD and the case. Other parts i'll sell to friend that they already wanted.

I was reading lots and i decided to build that PC configuration (check the photo i attached). 

Can i save some money from any parts ? Is there any better parts? My limit is 2k, but i prefer to save some money, because i'm gonna buy new monitor BenQ XL2720Z (currently using Dell U2311H, and my plans are to use it as 2nd monitor, but not for gaming).

First i wanted to buy EVGA GTX 980, but after reading/watching lots of review i think the better solution is 2x 970. 
Of course lots of people said that better is to buy one 980 and when i save to add one more. 
I'm not from US (i'm from Bulgaria) and here the prices are way too expensive. I'll visit soon US and i'm gonna buy the parts from there and the price difference is huge, so i can't buy 980 and when i have money to go back and buy another.

I'm gonna use that PC for games and photoshop and i'm gonna use it for long time - now i have money why would i buy something good, right?

About PSU i think Corsair Enthusiast Series RM1000 will be enough ?

Any suggestion to change some parts and why? Maybe the RAM memory for cheaper one, but still 4x8GB 

Please don't hate/kill me. I'm still new and without a lot of experience.

Thanks in advance. Peace! 

post-192993-0-21429500-1424656116.png

-snip-

I'd go for either the EVGA 1000G2 or 1000P2. Other than that, maybe only 16GB of ram?

Also, welcoem to the forums! It looks to be a great build.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

@dadasmithywinkle thanks for the replay. I watched few review of EVGA 1000G2 and maybe i'll go for it. About the RAM - it's actually 32 gigs 4x8

@d3sl91 also thank you for the replay. My PC config now have some serious problems playing new games on med. resolution, not talking on high. When i use photoshop/lightroom it lags lots, because the video is old and slow. I have money, but as i said i want to spend them well and to use that PC in next few years without having any problems with games or programs. 

I was thinking to make only video upgrade, but since i had few problems. 

1. If i decide to go for SLI my MB doesn't support it - not working

2. If i go for GTX 980 i'll need new PSU and i think if i start changing parts it's better to change all of them.

3. If i stick with z97/4970k and DDR3 the price will be $1,594.75 (just made quick PC config) and i'll save 174.20$ is it worth it to save it? I think the difference in the performance will be at least an idea ?

post-192993-0-46361000-1424658511.png

I think you will be fine with the 4790K system. In your case, depending on how intensive your content creation is, you will be well served by a 5820K, if you want to spend a bit more money. I'd look at the X99 Extreme 4 for a motherboard over the X99S. 

Keep in mind that right now the biggest ripoff is DDR4. DDR4 timings are quite horrible at the moment. I would really personally avoid X99 right now because of how terrible the DDR4 on the market is and how overpriced it is. 

Whichever way you go, I would urge you to buy a better CPU cooler so you can overclock the CPU. H60 is very weak and not sufficient. Look at minimum NHD14 and better yet (if your case can take it) a 280mm liquid cooler like a Kraken X61.

Intel Inside. Overweight guy in his 30's outside.

@Mistersprinkles thanks for the replay. About NHD14 it can go into my case, but about the liquid cooler like Kraken X61 it's impossible since there is no space. 

I forgot to mention that i will visit US either in the beginning of April , either sometime July so i think i have time. Now i kinda know what to look for. I'm gonna read more about DDR4 and i'll follow all news about it and then i'll decide to go for DDR3 or DDR4 configuration. But is this timings are software or hardware problem? Can they fix with BIOS update? Or it's like the new SSD long time ago when they came in on the market? 

What about the video cards ? EVGA GTX 970 SLI is good choice for 144Mhz monitor?

​Damn, you guys are so nice, thank you very much. Appreciate it ! 

• 1 month later...

Ok guys, 

After few weeks of reading I decided to go for this configuration and PSU will be  EVGA 1000G2, but .. there is one small problem. The liquid cooler H80i GT is way too large. 
With the two fans that are 25 mm each and the heat is 49mm this is 99mm. My case is http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00001914'>Thermaltake Soprano and i can't put vents on the top of the case only on the back. The problem is that i'm going for quad channel DDR4 and i wont be abbe to put them on the mobo. Any suggestions what to do? How to calculate if put one of the vents outside the case? Or can you suggest me another cooler for the CPU? 

post-192993-0-42304600-1427619998_thumb.