PSU w/ Sleeved cables...

Luhan

Hey guys, i'm ordering a new intel rig, and i was wondering if there was any psu that comes with pre-sleeved cables? The cpu is xeon e3 1231 v3, and a gtx 970

Doubt it, but you can buy sleeved kits from Corsair and EVGA

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

The EVGA G2's cables are sleeved

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

There are, EVGA nex1500 which is discontinued and a crappy unit. Bitfenix Fury something, there are much better PSU's. You're better off buying a PSU thats fully modular and get a sleeved set from EVGA/Cablemod.com/Corsair (buy the right kit for the right PSU obviously).

Check out the bitfenix fury. It's semi modular, but only the 24 pin cable is attached, whilst the other cables are all fully individually sleeved using the bitfenix alchemy cable kits. All you need to do is buy a new kit/cable to replace them.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

The EVGA G2's cables are sleeved

No they are not, you have to separately buy it.  

Only Bitfenix Fury has it pre-sleeved.

Remember a wise man once said, "You'll most likely hear/see more bad reviews from products than good, because if they get a good product, they won't bother to write a review, and if they got a bad product, they'll complain about the product" ~ SoftenButterCream

There are, EVGA nex1500 which is discontinued and a crappy unit. Bitfenix Fury something, there are much better PSU's. You're better off buying a PSU thats fully modular and get a sleeved set from EVGA/Cablemod.com/Corsair (buy the right kit for the right PSU obviously).

bitfenix psu suck?

No they are not, you have to separately buy it.  

Only Bitfenix Fury has it pre-sleeved.

They are sleeved in black.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

bitfenix psu suck?

No, they're good PSUs, just not quite as good quality components as the EVGA unit.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

They are sleeved in black.

I'm talking about individually sleeved, almost all power supply manufacturers have one sleeve with plastic sleeved cables

Remember a wise man once said, "You'll most likely hear/see more bad reviews from products than good, because if they get a good product, they won't bother to write a review, and if they got a bad product, they'll complain about the product" ~ SoftenButterCream

No, they're good PSUs, just not quite as good quality components as the EVGA unit.

do the color alcamy cable directly plug into the psu?

I'm talking about individually sleeved, almost all power supply manufacturers have one sleeve with plastic sleeved cables

Right, but with loose weaving over colored individual wires. 

bitfenix psu suck?

They are decent, budget Gold units. FSP Aurum Gold internally like the EVGA Supernova 650w G1 (not G2). Units like the EVGA Supernova G2, Corsair RM/HX/AX/AXi, Seasonic KM3, etc. are just better units. However, they require you to spend like $90 or something along those lines for the sleeved cables separately.

The Bitfenix Alchemy cables that you buy separate from the PSU are extensions. They aren't design to plugged into the BF Fury PSU directly.

The Bitfenix Fury is more along the lines of average PSU. The main selling point is the sleeved wires. They can often be found on sale at NCIX. At one point the 550G was selling for 80$, no MIR.

i7 4770K @ 4.5GHZ, NH-D14, Kingston HyperX Black 8GB, Asus Z87-A, Fractal Design XL R2, MSI TF IV R9 280x, BTFNX 550G

Yes, that was one of the main selling points. Any replacement alchemy cables could be directly plugged into the PSU, instead of just being an extension.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Yes, that was one of the main selling points. Any replacement alchemy cables could be directly plugged into the PSU, instead of just being an extension.

No, the ability to used the extension cables to plugged directly into the PSU is not the selling point of the Fury. The selling point is that it used the same type of sleeving ("Nanosleeve braiding") as the one found in the Alchemy extensions.

You can't buy the extensions and used it to replace the cables that comes with the PSU.

Here's an image of the mixed color Alchemy extensions for the molex extension :

893.png

Here's the image of the PSU modular interface (source: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Bitfenix/Fury_750G/) :

psu_rear_close.jpg

Here's the images of the molex cable for the PSU:

cables11.jpg

No, the ability to used the extension cables to plugged directly into the PSU is not the selling point of the Fury. The selling point is that it used the same type of sleeving ("Nanosleeve braiding") as the one found in the Alchemy extensions.

You can't buy the extensions and used it to replace the cables that comes with the PSU.

Here's an image of the mixed color Alchemy extensions for the molex extension :

893.png

Here's the image of the PSU modular interface (source: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Bitfenix/Fury_750G/) :

psu_rear_close.jpg

Here's the images of the molex cable for the PSU:

cables11.jpg

Hmm. I could have sworn I'd read about being able to use alchemy cables with the unit. Oh well, it's been a while since I looked at those units anyway, so I must've forgotten about it.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

G2, P2 and T2 EVGA supplies are sleeved and braided.

As for custom, i would go with cablemod 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

I've got the G2 from EVGA (850w).

Best stock PSU cables I've seen to date...  :o