Random Connection Reset

Hey guys,

I've come to you now as a last resort. 

I've been having an issue where some sites seem to randomly reset my connection when I try to visit them. I've experienced this issue with Reddit, StackOverflow, Puush and LTT (ironically).

I've tried resetting my network using netsh, renewing my IP lease, uninstalling and reinstalling my network drivers, booting with minimal startup, booting into safe mode w/ networking. I've tried on Chrome, Firefox and IE, and the issue still persists. I've tried using my PowerLine kit with another device (my laptop) to see if the issue happens there - it doesn't. I'm able to access those sites fine on all the other devices on my network too.

At this point I'm really not sure what to do other than reinstalling Windows.

Any ideas?

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

many changing the channel of your router and see if that helps and turn on protected mode if you can.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

many changing the channel of your router and see if that helps and turn on protected mode if you can.

Ah, I should've noted, I am on a PowerLine kit.

I have also power cycled all my gear.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Reset as in, the modem/router reboots or your PC randomly disconnects?

Reset as in the connection to the website resets (TCP rst as a response). 

15" MBP TB

Reset as in the connection to the website resets (TCP rst as a response). 

Are you actually sure you're getting sent packets asking with the RST flag on? Like, verified using tcpdump/wireshark? Sounds like an attack tbh.

Can you reliably reproduce the issue?

Are you actually sure you're getting sent packets asking with the RST flag on? Like, verified using tcpdump/wireshark? Sounds like an attack tbh.

Can you reliably reproduce the issue?

Yes, I have checked using Wireshark and the issue is reproducible.

15" MBP TB