Asus G751JT-CH71 vs. Sager NP9752 (Clevo P750ZM)

Does anyone have or has heard of how good of a laptop the Sager NP9752 is ?  And how well it performs thru time and use ? The specs seem amazing But how is it over time and is it worth it to get it as a laptop chassis because it is very upgradeable but does it last ??, making it not worth getting with the plans to upgrade it in the future ?? 

I was thinking of getting the Sager NP9752 ($2,100) with a 4K screen with the i7 4790k Z97 because that isn't upgradeable but I figure that will last a while without needing an upgrade for gaming and school work. GPU's are GTX 980m 8GB which are user upgradeable. . . . which I should be good for a while, but I can upgrade them. But does the laptop itself last that long and perform well over time ?  Does it overheat or physically deteriorate of time and not make it worth it to get this upgradeable laptop. . . . .

. . . . .. OR SHOULD I just go with the Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 ($1,500) with a GTX 970M 3GB which isn't upgradeable and then just get another laptop when I need more performance in the future. . . . . .figuring that the Asus G751 is basically built on the G750 chassis has shown that it is a solid & stable laptop that will last awhile ( physically & mechanically) .

Laptop won't be carried around a lot. . . .mostly just portable in house and taken sometimes on weekends. I have a main desktop already. Just not sure if Sager Unit is super study overtime/lifespan. I know more about the Asus unit with lifespan.

HDD's, SSD's, M.2's are all upgradeable on both and can be changed whenever so they are not the main focus right now. . . . main hardware is.

Thanks for all and any help !!!!!!!

Asus. Very reliable, the only brand of laptop I buy.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

1 - Does anyone have or has heard of how good of a laptop the Sager NP9752 is ?  And how well it performs thru time and use ? The specs seem amazing But how is it over time and is it worth it to get it as a laptop chassis because it is very upgradeable but does it last ??, making it not worth getting with the plans to upgrade it in the future ?? 

2 - I was thinking of getting the Sager NP9752 ($2,100) with a 4K screen with the i7 4790k Z97 because that isn't upgradeable but I figure that will last a while without needing an upgrade for gaming and school work. GPU's are GTX 980m 8GB which are user upgradeable. . . . which I should be good for a while, but I can upgrade them. But does the laptop itself last that long and perform well over time ?  Does it overheat or physically deteriorate of time and not make it worth it to get this upgradeable laptop. . . . .

3 - . . . . .. OR SHOULD I just go with the Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 ($1,500) with a GTX 970M 3GB which isn't upgradeable and then just get another laptop when I need more performance in the future. . . . . .figuring that the Asus G751 is basically built on the G750 chassis has shown that it is a solid & stable laptop that will last awhile ( physically & mechanically) .

4 - Laptop won't be carried around a lot. . . .mostly just portable in house and taken sometimes on weekends. I have a main desktop already. Just not sure if Sager Unit is super study overtime/lifespan. I know more about the Asus unit with lifespan.

5 - HDD's, SSD's, M.2's are all upgradeable on both and can be changed whenever so they are not the main focus right now. . . . main hardware is.

Thanks for all and any help !!!!!!!

1 - The machine just came out, and only a few people have it, so you won't know how it stands up "over time" specifically.

2 - The 4790K is socketed, and thus can be upgraded, if a better CPU were to be released. It is unclear if Broadwell's CPUs will work in that machine, however. Both the CPU and GPU are socketed, however upgrading is something you likely would need a new system BIOS for. There is no guarantee you'd be able to say... use a GTX 1080M, but it should fit in the slot, for sure, and Prema does custom BIOSes for Clevo models.

3 - Up to you if that's what you want to do. I personally wouldn't do that, but that's just me. Also, ASUS machines are disgusting to open up even if you want to upgrade RAM etc, so be wary of that.

4 - Clevo (Sager, among many other brands, re-brand Clevo's machines) sell solid machines. All machines are susceptible to wear and tear over time, but your ASUS would be just as susceptible. They are extremely reliable brands. For your specific model, you can check the owner's lounge for the P750ZM over at NBR and ask them any questions you wish to have answered: http://forum.notebookreview.com/sager-clevo-reviews-owners-lounges/767105-official-clevo-p75xzm-batman-sager-np9752-owner-s-lounge-welcome-batcave.html

5 - It's much easier to upgrade such things on the Clevo, just so you know.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Hi D2ultima - Thanks for the detailed reply ! . . I didn't know that the i7 4790k was unsocketed and able to be upgraded. And I didn't even think about the possible bios change in the future with Broadwell . . . Unless it will be compatible. I realize this Sager model is new, but I was wondering how Sager (Clevo) units did over time. Thanks again . . . And I will check out the link !

Also. . . . Thanks Shaqo_Wyn ! - I do like the Asus G751 , seems like a solid unit.

Hi D2ultima - Thanks for the detailed reply ! . . I didn't know that the i7 4790k was unsocketed and able to be upgraded. And I didn't even think about the possible bios change in the future with Broadwell . . . Unless it will be compatible. I realize this Sager model is new, but I was wondering how Sager (Clevo) units did over time. Thanks again . . . And I will check out the link !

Also. . . . Thanks Shaqo_Wyn ! - I do like the Asus G751 , seems like a solid unit.

No no. You misunderstand. "Socketed" = upgrade-able. As in, you can pick the chip up out of its socket and put another in its socket.

Soldered = welded onto the motherboard. Cannot upgrade a soldered chip. "HQ" chips are soldered.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Hi,

For better gaming and maximum performance go for Asus G751JT-CH71.

No. You know nothing, go away please.

Socketed means that you will be able to upgrade it. As in, it's in a socket. Broadwell support will depend on the chipset in that laptop. I haven't looked it up but if it's H97 or Z97 then most likely it will be compatible with Broadwell as long as a BIOS update is performed.

"Rawr XD"