Dish Network Internet review-UGH!

So don't get me wrong...Dish has a pretty decent TV service...

​But their internet satellites just shot themselves out of the fraking sky (insert Starbuck quote here, im open for suggestions below)

Anyway, they give you 30GBs to play with. No, they give you 15. 15 anytime, 15 off-peak. Real smart

This is a warning. I know someone who has Dial-up, and it is at least 3-4x faster than dish. It was broadband they said. Will be fast, they said.

Lol nope. The fastest its ever been on record is 1.2MBps, but that was on a really good day, no clouds, no rain, and plenty of data, oh and not to mention their throttle-technician must've been generous. Yes, throttle technician.

They throttle the connection. No doubt about it. The connection is so slow, WiFi is all we need, as ethernet would be a stupid idea because it wouldn't help at all. 

The modem they provide is very very bulky. Kind of weird...

Not to mention, if the connection is going fast when you first log on, within 4-5 minutes it completely tanks. Tanks. In-tents I know. Kinda like camping.

Their customer support is like those insurance ads which show the other guys. In response to a post on Dish's forums about the same issue, a technician said: "As we are not fully trained on internet service here..." Ewwww sad. 

Things like Twitch don't work at all, even under the 'mobile' setting...basic games like Minecraft and hearthstone are nearly impossible most days. In fact, it takes about 4 seconds to load a simple google search. Oww.

AS I say by intermittent, about half an hour ago, this was the performance:

Download: 0.50MBps

Upload: 0.25MBps

Just now testing my iphone's speed with LTE, at the time: 6:51 EST, it performs this (not to mention its snowing like crazy up here in Maine):

9.68 MBps download

6.53 MBps Upload...

Holy Balls! If only dish could be like that...

Now testing the dish again it performs the same as it did just a while ago...really slow.

The fact that its satellite internet is not helpful, and the fact that they throttle on top of that...ewwww

Bottom line: Dont buy dish internet. The 24 month contract is stupid, as well as their staff...Don't get sucked in by their deceiving TV ads

Phew. Finished that...

(Plays Inside Out by Monstercat loudly)

Welcome to LTT! Feel free to PM me if you just wanna chat, I love conversation!

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help. 

TLDR: Don't buy it, it's stupid

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I think half your problem is that it is satellite?

PS don't winge look what i have too deal with!! :)

4086848629.png

Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel Core i5 3570k 4.2 GHz, EVGA GTX 780, Corsair Vengeance 16Gb ,

Samsung EVO 250&500Gb, Western Digital Black 2TB,  Corsair RM 750

Custom Water Loop

CPU Block Koolance 380iGPU Block EKWB Clean CSQPump Laing DDC w/ EKWB X-RES 100Radiatiors NexXxoS Monsta 240 & Swiftech 240x35Tubing PrimoChill Primoflex Advanced LRT Elegant White 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFittings White Monsoon Free Centre Compression Fittings 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFans6x Noctua NF-F12 w/Noctua LNA Adaptors

I think half your problem is that it is satellite?

PS don't winge look what i have too deal with!! :)

4086848629.png

Omg your ISP is trolling you so hardcore. I just remembered I was using my phone's hotspot when I wrote the faster numbers...derp

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help. 

Omg your ISP is trolling you so hardcore. I just remembered I was using my phone's hotspot when I wrote the faster numbers...derp

IKR Australian internet is bullshit, my upload is clearly throttled...

Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel Core i5 3570k 4.2 GHz, EVGA GTX 780, Corsair Vengeance 16Gb ,

Samsung EVO 250&500Gb, Western Digital Black 2TB,  Corsair RM 750

Custom Water Loop

CPU Block Koolance 380iGPU Block EKWB Clean CSQPump Laing DDC w/ EKWB X-RES 100Radiatiors NexXxoS Monsta 240 & Swiftech 240x35Tubing PrimoChill Primoflex Advanced LRT Elegant White 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFittings White Monsoon Free Centre Compression Fittings 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFans6x Noctua NF-F12 w/Noctua LNA Adaptors

IKR Australian internet is bullshit, my upload is clearly throttled...

Yes, same here except download is too...I feel for ya, man. At least FIOS will be here soon...best wishes to you..