Unbound keys - A way to use them?

I recently built a computer, and being a student I don't quite have the money for a mechanical keyboard (I live in Australia, so that's not helping either). So, in the meantime I'm using a Gen 1 Apple Wireless Keyboard, that I got from a family friend. Now, on this keyboard there are four keys (volume down, volume up, mute, and eject) which are completely unbound - they do literally nothing. I've tried some online programs that display key presses, but they just don't register (unlike other media keys on different keyboards I've tested, which seem to be bound to unused symbols - e.g. the copyright sign). So, my question is: Can I make use of these keys? Whether it be via a driver I could download, a script in something like AutoHotKey, or - if it comes to it - writing my own driver (hopefully that's easier than it sounds).

Anyway, thanks for any support/insight you might be able to give me.

Might help you:

-> http://support.apple.com/en-us/ht5636

Also you might find the drivers if you search Google.
I know that the magic mouse driver is separated from the Boot Camp and somewhere for download. (not from apple) might be the case for the keyboard too.

~ ThxAndBye

"You should remove any cats from the vicinity, because cats will cause all kinds of problems doing CPU installation." -Linus

delid i7-3770k @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.265V | EVGA z77 FTW | GTX 680 2way-SLI | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866MHz | 240GB SSD RAID 0 | Full Custom Water Loop with two 360mm radiators  -> live temps <-