4k 3d tv

skrg12

def sony x850b is like one of sony's best 4k economic too, lol im a sony expert at best buy home theater, let me know if you have any question on it, oh another thing samsungs top of the line 4k flagship does not even come close to the amazing quality of the x850 sony lol 

Will it be for a dark room or a bright room? Toshiba makes a nice 65" for bright rooms at the same cost:

http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-65L9400U-65-Inch-Ultra-Gunmetal/dp/B00LP8SET0

It's a flagship TV for little money because it happens to be riddled by some backlight uniformity issues (can be visible in a dark room).

For a dim room, this may be worth a look:

http://www.amazon.com/JVC-DM65USR-Diamond-Smart-Ultra/dp/B00PG8W1MQ

This is a budget brand, but you get local dimming for the price (for inky blacks and great contrast). The smart features may not be as refined as the bigger brands though.

In most rooms the extra real estate of a 65" screen will be worth it. The bigger screen may also help you take advantage of the extra resolution in 4k video.

its a dim room but i prefer something of a bigger brand

its a dim room but i prefer something of a bigger brand

For image quality in the price range (it also has low input lag for a 4K TV):

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN55HU8550-55-Inch-Ultra-120Hz/dp/B00ID2HI8O

For flicker-free passive 3D and wide viewing angles:

http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-55UB8500-55-Inch-Ultra/dp/B00II6VY6C

For image quality in the price range (it also has low input lag for a 4K TV):

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN55HU8550-55-Inch-Ultra-120Hz/dp/B00ID2HI8O

For flicker-free passive 3D and wide viewing angles:

http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-55UB8500-55-Inch-Ultra/dp/B00II6VY6C

lol those 2 tvs suck sooo much

you could get either the x850b or the x900b Sony, see it for you're self before you read specs they are truly amazing in color, you put those 2 tvs side by side with the ones that you shown and colors as soo washed out on that LG and specially on the poor Samsung.

not only that but you can play playstation 3 and down on the sonys, lil extra. 

you could get either the x850b or the x900b Sony, see it for you're self before you read specs they are truly amazing in color, you put those 2 tvs side by side with the ones that you shown and colors as soo washed out on that LG and specially on the poor Samsung.

They measure quite well, and that's my basis. Individual preferences vary, however.

I have the LG, works great but the remote shits me.

Wish I could customise the colour buttons for inputs, as im constantly switching between Live TV and my AV receiver.

If you are only in the 55" range and have a $1500-$2000 budget why not look for a 2013/14 plasma?

In a dim room that is still going to be the best picture you will get unless you break the bank and drop $5k+ on an

OLED panel...

The Samsung F8500's, though discontinued, can still be found for around $1500 for a 51" NIB. I got my 60" two months ago for $2100 CAD all in and was the best of a whole bunch of tvs I took the time to bring home and test (including LED's and 4k sets...)

WITH THAT SAID,

If you have been sold on the useless tech that is 4k by your local neighborhood BestBuy chump then go ahead and buy :)

Samsung F8500, Panasonic ST60, VT60, ZT60; these are the models that you want to look for.

All are recently discontinued (f8500 2014, Pana 2013), but most can still be found NIB with the manufacturers warranty if you look hard enough...

/\

No other tv will touch these in terms of picture quality until OLED tech is out there for the masses (meaning more than one $5k model...), it has been proven time and time again that LED just can't hang with plasma's... anyone who disagrees does not know what they are talking about and is just trying to make a sale...

OP didn't mention gaming, so not sure how much of a factor that is to you. My set has something like 80-90 ms lag time, but I dont play competitively and I don't even notice it...

Just my $0.02,

don't like to see people waste their money on new tech just because it's new... You said you want PQ,

plasma is how you get it...

Current System Specs:

MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming     CPU: Intel i5 9600k      GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 ti FTW Ultra Silent    PSU: EVGA 750 G2 80+ gold

Ram:  16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200    Storage: 500 GB Samsung 970 EVO/ 4TB WD Blue Case: Corsair 275R-White

Agree that 4K from your couch is probably worthless. Content providers *just* got to uniformed 1080P broadcasting & streaming.

That being said, I've used a 4K display to edit photographs off my camera (which are 5K RAW) and with a little cropping you basically have a native file in front of you to polish off. It is splendid. This is where I see UHD displays in the near term. 

Define R5 Black Window || i5 4690K || Scythe Kotetsu || Asus Maximus VII Gene || Kingston Fury 8GB || EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 || EVGA G2 750W || SSD/HDD/ODD

Your'e a bit Sony biased aren't you?

I personally have the LG one and its awesome.

And ps3 on a only sony TV? Thats bullshit. I have a little sharp LCD and it works with the PS3 as well.

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

Your'e a bit Sony biased aren't you?

I personally have the LG one and its awesome.

And ps3 on a only sony TV? Thats bullshit. I have a little sharp LCD and it works with the PS3 as well.

lol no go try it at any bestbuy, there is a play station built in to the tvs all streaming no physical disc, its cool man, and the up scaling of 1080p to near 4k and colors and this is on the entry level x850b is crazy, it makes top of the line Samsung 9000 series look like a washed out piece of sht lol.

lol and yes lil fanatic about it, so i look at tvs all day everyday at bestbuy im one of the Home theater experts, to me 1st is Sony 2nd samsung, 3rd is LG. and this is ranking quality of picture(sharpness and color and contrast levels).

If you are only in the 55" range and have a $1500-$2000 budget why not look for a 2013/14 plasma?

In a dim room that is still going to be the best picture you will get unless you break the bank and drop $5k+ on an

OLED panel...

The Samsung F8500's, though discontinued, can still be found for around $1500 for a 51" NIB. I got my 60" two months ago for $2100 CAD all in and was the best of a whole bunch of tvs I took the time to bring home and test (including LED's and 4k sets...)

WITH THAT SAID,

If you have been sold on the useless tech that is 4k by your local neighborhood BestBuy chump then go ahead and buy :)

Samsung F8500, Panasonic ST60, VT60, ZT60; these are the models that you want to look for.

All are recently discontinued (f8500 2014, Pana 2013), but most can still be found NIB with the manufacturers warranty if you look hard enough...

/\

No other tv will touch these in terms of picture quality until OLED tech is out there for the masses (meaning more than one $5k model...), it has been proven time and time again that LED just can't hang with plasma's... anyone who disagrees does not know what they are talking about and is just trying to make a sale...

OP didn't mention gaming, so not sure how much of a factor that is to you. My set has something like 80-90 ms lag time, but I dont play competitively and I don't even notice it...

Just my $0.02,

don't like to see people waste their money on new tech just because it's new... You said you want PQ,

plasma is how you get it...

you can get a 55inch oled for under 3k bro, why u exaggerate andthats the lg 

imo this

1080P OLED > 4K LCD when actually using it as a TV

"Rawr XD"

After owning 8 sony tv's and all died within 2 years, I would never touch a sony.

I currently have samsung tv's and they are pretty good. 

CPU: I7-5820k @ 4.7 GHZ 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100I GTX 
Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8x8GB (64GB Total) 
Storage: 4x 850 EVO 1000GB & 1x 5TB Seagate HDD 
PSU: Corsair HX1000i 80+ Platinum 
GPU: EVGA Titan X 12GB SLI (2x) 
Case: Corsair 400C 
Monitor: ASUS ROG PG279Q 165hz 

finally someone knows what best quality is!

*Actually Read*

"Finally someone else who doesn't know shit"

Maybe he was one of the customers you passed your "expertise" on to mid-sale?

When I bought my plasma a few months back here in Canada the LG OLED was closer to $5k after taxes,

price is hardly the point of this discussion though...

So it's clear you have a pretty strong argument otherwise if that's all you bring up...

imo this

1080P OLED > 4K LCD when actually using it as a TV

Completely Agreed.

To expand though:

1080p OLED ~= 1080p high end plasmas*

1080p High-end plasma > 4k LED*

1080p LED = 4k LED*

*The quality of the display components is more important than your res,

and in most cases if you are spending $1500 on a 1080p LED or

$1500 on a 4k LED, the 1080p will have a higher quality picture in terms

of contrast, color reproduction, and all the other important little bits

that separate the gimmicky sets from home theater quality panels...

Current System Specs:

MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming     CPU: Intel i5 9600k      GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 ti FTW Ultra Silent    PSU: EVGA 750 G2 80+ gold

Ram:  16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200    Storage: 500 GB Samsung 970 EVO/ 4TB WD Blue Case: Corsair 275R-White