Duel Booting OSX 10.10.1 and Windows 7 Pro

So I have my gaming PC/Music Editing/Video Editing rig currently running windows 7 pro on a 2TB HDD.

However I wish to duel boot it with OSX 10.10.1 so that I can carry over college work (Which is all based around OSX) and then continue on it at home.

I can easily purchase a 512GB SSD on which to put OSX, but what I want to know is, if I install my SSD and then install OSX on to there will there be any chance that my windows 7 drive will be wiped? 
I don't understand why that would happen and I assume it would be fine but I am unsure.

I know I'll have to use a bootloader (like chimera bootloader or something) in order to switch between the OS' though.

I've probably added this to the forum terribly badly as I lack forum related knowledge.

No, Because when I dual booted it was on the same drive, however I had to use the memory stick mac os x was on to be able to boot because I hadn't installed the bootloader right.

Steve

So I have my gaming PC/Music Editing/Video Editing rig currently running windows 7 pro on a 2TB HDD.

However I wish to duel boot it with OSX 10.10.1 so that I can carry over college work (Which is all based around OSX) and then continue on it at home.

I can easily purchase a 512GB SSD on which to put OSX, but what I want to know is, if I install my SSD and then install OSX on to there will there be any chance that my windows 7 drive will be wiped? 

I don't understand why that would happen and I assume it would be fine but I am unsure.

I know I'll have to use a bootloader (like chimera bootloader or something) in order to switch between the OS' though.

I've probably added this to the forum terribly badly as I lack forum related knowledge.

Welcome to the forum!!

Here is a nice video:

Nope there should be no danger to your Windows 7 drive.

I would reccommend unplugging the windows 7 drive when you are installing OS X.

Follow some of the guides online and you should find it a very easy process.