Unable to play tf2 on minimal settings?

Deserter15

First off, not sure if this is the correct subforum.

So I recently bought a new Acer V3572G7609 with an i7, 16gb of ram, and an 840m.  Everything I had read said that I should be able to play most modern games at medium to high settings.  TF2, which is not a modern game by any sense, is unable to be played on it without massive lag on minimal settings.  Any ideas how to fix this?  Or is tf2 just that much more intensive than "modern" games.

So I recently bought a new Acer V3572G7609 with an i7, 16gb of ram, and an 840m.  Everything I had read said that I should be able to play most modern games at medium to high settings.  TF2, which is not a modern game by any sense, is unable to be played on it without massive lag on minimal settings.  Any ideas how to fix this?  Or is tf2 just that much more intensive than "modern" games.

tf2 can run on a calculator

Have you installed geforce experience and updated to the latest drivers?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Make sure that the game isn't running on your i7's integrated graphics.

DpY8I1n.png

Sig under construction.

Make sure that the game isn't running on your i7's integrated graphics.

You know, that might be what is happening...  How do I go about disabling the integrated graphics?

Yes

You know, that might be what is happening...  How do I go about disabling the integrated graphics?

DpY8I1n.pngIf you don't have an Nvidia Control Panel to go to, you should either get drivers from the manufacturer or Nvidia.com

Sig under construction.

This i actually due to Nvidia Optimus : http://www.nvidia.com/object/optimus_technology.html . All you need to do is like Tedster said. Also, if you right click the shortcut to TF2 on your desktop, there should be an option called run with this processor ( i think) if there is just choose Nvidia.

If this post helped you, mark it as solved and give it a like - Always like seeing when someones issue has been solved. :)

This i actually due to Nvidia Optimus : http://www.nvidia.com/object/optimus_technology.html . All you need to do is like Tedster said. Also, if you right click the shortcut to TF2 on your desktop, there should be an option called run with this processor ( i think) if there is just choose Nvidia.

That should be it. I was thinking of a more permanent solution but meh.

Sig under construction.

That should be it. I was thinking of a more permanent solution but meh.

No you are correct. That is why i said also try what you said. :)

If this post helped you, mark it as solved and give it a like - Always like seeing when someones issue has been solved. :)

That is if said calculator has better specs than a dual core intel Atom at 1,7 GHz and some craptastic integrated graphics, with 2 GB of DDR2 RAM...

Tried with my Windows 8 tablet with those specs, with DirectX 8 mode, absolute minimal settings and 640 x 480 resolution, the framerates were around 1 - 8 fps. It can't even run Minecraft or CS:S. Only CS 1.6 is playable.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.