Really noob question about SSD

EarlyGab

Lets say iv already plugged in my new SSD but how will i get just the OS(windows8) from my HDD to my SSD? cause i still want to keep my HDD as my main storage and the SSD for boot ups and other softwares.

Hope to get great answers! Thanks!  ^_^

Spoiler

Lets say iv already plugged in my new SSD but how will i get just the OS(windows8) from my HDD to my SSD? cause i still want to keep my HDD as my main storage and the SSD for boot ups and other softwares.

Cloning, or what i'd do, is is install Windows on my SSD and then restore from a system image.  

Its best to reinstall Windows on your SSD (C://) and then have the HDD for a general mass storage (D://) Drive. You could clone it over using Windows' Disk utilities, or any 3rd party clone utility

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

You can leave your HDD intact and just delete the windows folders once you're up and running (your HDD will still be detected and accessible from Windows), and then install fresh on your SSD from a restore drive or from the original installation media. There may be more elegant solutions though, so hopefully someone is able to give you better advice.

I already have windows installed on my HDD. I cant use the windows disk that i have installed right? since its already been used? how will i install it to the SSD if my windows is already activated in my HDD?

Spoiler

I already have windows installed on my HDD. I cant use the windows disk that i have installed right? since its already been used? how will i install it to the SSD if my windows is already activated in my HDD?

The disc can be used an infinite number of times. It's the code that would be the issue - however, the code should still work. If it doesn't work, you can call MS to reset it.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

you can use an install disk as much as you want

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

You can reinstall Windows as many times you like. Some say that you should do it ones a year to keep things fresh.