Is the psp 1000 still worth it?

I could not see myself without my PSP 2000 model (luckily I had the mobo that was moddable). The PSP 1000 model is way better as it offers an easier time modding, and feels sturdier than the rest. I believe the PSP 3000 is now moddable as well, but I would personally say go for the PSP 1000, worth the price. :D

trying to revive my psp 2000 god of war =(

What's wrong with it? I fixed mine before, so many I can help ya.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I'm a fan of homebrew, but I think most companies just think it's all about piracy.

for 120$ the 2ds might be a good choice compared to any other hand held. Just saw austin's review on it.

Lets be honest here, it is *mostly* about piracy. The main reason anyone has ever wanted to "run homebrew" was so they could run pirated games. The only reason I ever saw for it that was even half "legit" was being able to run emulators for more classic games. Even that excuse is slowly fading away as companies are starting to release them digitally for purchase on their consoles.

As for the 3DS/2DS I'm obviously biased but I do honestly think that's the best option. The retail library is pretty broad and there is also a healthy amount of small indie titles and retro stuffs. Also the fact that you've missed out on Nintendo's handhelds should mean that there's more stuff that's new to you on offer. As someone who's had every Nintendo handheld except the GBA I feel like the 3DS has easily the most interesting library. So if you haven't had any of Nintendo's handhelds it's a damn good place to see what all the fuss is about.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Lets be honest here, it is *mostly* about piracy. The main reason anyone has ever wanted to "run homebrew" was so they could run pirated games. The only reason I ever saw for it that was even half "legit" was being able to run emulators for more classic games. Even that excuse is slowly fading away as companies are starting to release them digitally for purchase on their consoles.

As for the 3DS/2DS I'm obviously biased but I do honestly think that's the best option. The retail library is pretty broad and there is also a healthy amount of small indie titles and retro stuffs. Also the fact that you've missed out on Nintendo's handhelds should mean that there's more stuff that's new to you on offer. As someone who's had every Nintendo handheld except the GBA I feel like the 3DS has easily the most interesting library. So if you haven't had any of Nintendo's handhelds it's a damn good place to see what all the fuss is about.

Get were your coming from, but you got to understand how limited the original psp was. No YouTube client and a very limited browser. Lack of theme engine. Emulation was desired of course. In the psp's case, it wasn't all about piracy. Homebrew allowed things like Ultimate Psp tube to exist. Even outside of the psp homebrew wasn't fully used for pirating. You see this on jailbroken ios devices using things like Winter board for themes and Mx tube to download YouTube videos. Or even on the Wii with geckOS. Homebrew is sometimes looked on as a necessary thing when faced with a limited platform and it is not only sought after for piracy. It opens the doors to further creativity on an otherwise bland work space. Things like iso loaders and other means for piracy don't drive a whole ecosystem. Cydia would be a perfect example along with the Xposed community.

I owned the original DS. However, I could only see myself purchasing the wii U if I chose Nintendo.

If you want a handheld get a 3DS XL.  Unlike the Vita, there are no shortage of quality games on it.  Also it feels a lot more durable than the Vita which I always worry about dropping.

My brother has the Vita, Uncharted and Killzone were fantastic on it, and whilst it is an impressive piece of hardware, I wouldn't blow all that cash on something that has is completely neglected in the AA title department.  Everything that is being released now is just Japanese indie games or really average ports of PS3 titles.  I just picked up a PS4 this week and we couldn't even get the remote play function to work properly (although I'm pretty sure that's probably because our wifi is a piece of rubbish).  That being said if you do decide to get a Vita, you can usually pick one up with a bundle of digital downloads.  My brother got about 8 games (a mixture of PSP and Vita titles) for free with his bundle.

CPU Intel Core i7 7700K; Cooler Cryorig R1 Universal; MB Asus ROG Maximus IX Code; RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (4 x 8GB); GPU ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC; Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Silver; Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB; PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2; OS Windows 10; KB Corsair K70 (MX Brown); Audio O2 & ODAC, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser RS 185, Swan M200MKIII; Monitors 2x Dell U2410

Previous Build

CPU Intel Core i5 4690K; Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212X; MB Asus Z97-A; RAM G.Skill Sniper (2 x 4GB); GPU 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (SLI); Case Corsair Obsidian 450D; Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Black 1TB, Hitachi 750GB; PSU EVGA Supernova 750W G2; OS Windows 10; 

If you want a handheld get a 3DS XL. Unlike the Vita, there are no shortage of quality games on it. Also it feels a lot more durable than the Vita which I always worry about dropping.

My brother has the Vita, Uncharted and Killzone were fantastic on it, and whilst it is an impressive piece of hardware, I wouldn't blow all that cash on something that has is completely neglected in the AA title department. Everything that is being released now is just Japanese indie games or really average ports of PS3 titles. I just picked up a PS4 this week and we couldn't even get the remote play function to work properly (although I'm pretty sure that's probably because our wifi is a piece of rubbish). That being said if you do decide to get a Vita, you can usually pick one up with a bundle of digital downloads. My brother got about 8 games (a mixture of PSP and Vita titles) for free with his bundle.

I don't have plans to buy the vita. If I go Nintendo, I much rather would just pick up the wii U. I'm not sure if I really need a handheld with emulation and game streaming available.

I could not see myself without my PSP 2000 model (luckily I had the mobo that was moddable). The PSP 1000 model is way better as it offers an easier time modding, and feels sturdier than the rest. I believe the PSP 3000 is now moddable as well, but I would personally say go for the PSP 1000, worth the price. :D

What's wrong with it? I fixed mine before, so many I can help ya.

i know i also had that moddable board. T-088 something. i also love those CFWs, non-hen of course. i was able to use up to 6.60 i think.

in terms of repair, i was able to re-align errr fix the analog stick before. I wish i was more of a tinkerer back then so I could have tried fixing the board itself. we were thinking i could've bricked it, but not sure.

it was also submerged in the water when we got flooded.

it was full of dirt and mud so i had to get it to sony service center here. they never contacted me back though =(

i myself overlooked that they had it.lol

• 2 months later...

I used to have one a while ago and it was awesome, especially if you hack it.