2014 Game Of The Year 66% Off Today

JB780

South Park: The Stick Of Truth is 66% off today.

Explore a living open world!

post-155153-0-89748200-1417295097_thumb.

Experience dangerous dungeons!

post-155153-0-93735200-1417295197_thumb.

Interact with the townsfolk!

post-155153-0-94489600-1417295281_thumb.

South Park: The Stick Of Truth has it all! (Including aborted fetus nazi zombies)

steam?

yes

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

That game doesn't have much replay value after you beat it. In the middle of the story, which side you choose makes no difference on the game's final story. The lack of multiplayer also takes some points away. Is it a bad game? No. But you won't be playing it again after completion. Multiplayer could have really upped that 10 fold.

The game is overrated.

Please write out why you think this is, explaining the 'why' and 'how' you came to that conclusion. Then maybe, just maybe, people who are looking for deals and not opinions will care more than your vague statements.

That game doesn't have much replay value after you beat it. In the middle of the story, which side you choose makes no difference on the game's final story. The lack of multiplayer also takes some points away. Is it a bad game? No. But you won't be playing it again after completion. Multiplayer could have really upped that 10 fold.

totally agreed. 

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

What would you do for multiplayer?

I agree with your other points but sometimes a good single player campaign is enough. Wolfenstein The New Order is another example of that this year. BF4 should have been the opposite, no single player taking resources away from multiplayer.

Please write out why you think this is, explaining the 'why' and 'how' you came to that conclusion. Then maybe, just maybe, people who are looking for deals and not opinions will care more than your vague statements.

The game is pretty one dimensional, not very long or engaging in my opinion for a solely story based game.  

I didn't find the "humor" funny (I know, subjective) (maybe it is funny if you love South Park) 

Overall I didn't think it was worth the $60 it was when it was new.

And as mentioned above, there is no replay value at all. If you want a one time game and like South Park go ahead. 

System: Thinkpad T460

What would you do for multiplayer?

I agree with your other points but sometimes a good single player campaign is enough. Wolfenstein The New Order is another example of that this year. BF4 should have been the opposite, no single player taking resources away from multiplayer.

Something as minor such as letting a friend control your party member in battles would have been something at least. With the customization and open world, I'm surprised it didn't have some sort of multiplayer aspect.

I didn't find the "humor" funny (I know, subjective) (maybe it is funny if you love South Park) 

I think you hit the nail on the head, this game is basically an episode of South Park so of course if you don't even like the show than you probably should not play this game.

The game doesn't offer much in terms of replay value BUT I did spend 20 hours on the campaign and this game was only $39.99 at launch which is about $20 less than typical new releases from big publishers. So value for money is still there as long as your'e a fan of the show in my opinion.

I think you hit the nail on the head, this game is basically an episode of South Park so of course if you don't even like the show than you probably should not play this game.

The game doesn't offer much in terms of replay value BUT I did spend 20 hours on the campaign and this game was only $39.99 at launch which is about $20 less than typical new releases from big publishers. So value for money is still there as long as your'e a fan of the show in my opinion.

I thought it was $60. My mistake.

Disregarding my opinion of South Park, I still felt the game to be repetitive and shallow. 

System: Thinkpad T460

I thought it was $60. My mistake.

Disregarding my opinion of South Park, I still felt the game to be repetitive and shallow. 

Honestly, I think your (and I mean anyone's) opinion of South Park is going to make or break this game. 

I wouldn't have bought this game if I wasn't such a big fan of the show, and Matt and Trey's work overall.The writing, jokes, animation are exactly what fans of the show have come to expect.

The turn based battles do get a bit repetitive but I still found them enjoyable during my play through, but  I got the references and inside jokes and all the fan service stuff that they put in throughout the game.

The game isn't for everyone, and I was being a bit facetious in calling it GOTY 2014 (although it's probably a strong contender considering the wasteland 2014 has been with a few exceptions), but I really do think that it's worth your $13.59 if you're a fan of the show.

Hmm a game that Ubisoft didn't fuck up or was it that THQ developed it and Ubisoft bought the game rights from them.....

Hmm a game that Ubisoft didn't fuck up or was it that THQ developed it and Ubisoft bought the game rights from them.....

I think Ubisoft just bought up the game and the team and didn't manage to get their claws into it, especially with Matt and Trey directly overseeing the game.

Haha, I totally forgot Ubisoft ended up being the publisher because the game worked when I bought it. It doesn't even launch in Uplay!

I think Ubisoft just bought up the game and the team and didn't manage to get their claws into it, especially with Matt and Trey directly overseeing the game.

Haha, I totally forgot Ubisoft ended up being the publisher because the game worked when I bought it. It doesn't even launch in Uplay!

THQ was suppose to release it but they went bankrupt and out of business. 

THQ was suppose to release it but they went bankrupt and out of business. 

Yup, so there you go, Ubisoft has done one good thing this year.

Other than Far Cry 4 I guess.

its good, but not game of the year good.

IGN 7.5/10 ....too much south park

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled