Switching windows

Mr Yammy

Hey.

Got a brand new 250gb samsung 840 evo on the way! I currently only have 1 1tb HDD that has windows and everything else on it. I want to transfer windows, and some of my most-used programs to it. I know samsung has a migration software, but I want to know how to get windows on to it. 

A step by step process would be great.

Thanks in advance for the help

There will be less bugs if you just re-install it.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

There will be less bugs if you just re-install it.

Alright, thanks

Hey.

Got a brand new 250gb samsung 840 evo on the way! I currently only have 1 1tb HDD that has windows and everything else on it. I want to transfer windows, and some of my most-used programs to it. I know samsung has a migration software, but I want to know how to get windows on to it. 

A step by step process would be great.

Thanks in advance for the help

Hey Mr Yammy,

What HDD do you have?
A fresh install of the OS is always recommended as this way you would avoid any driver issues and you would get rid of unnecessary and unneeded programs and files.
If, however, you would like to move your OS, you can either do an image of it and restore in on the SSD or simply clone your drive. Have in mind that cloning makes an exact copy of one drive on the other and it is recommended to use as big or bigger drive as a new one (unlike your case). Otherwise you are risking to get corrupted data or simply miss some important files.
Each HDD manufacturer has their own recommended cloning utility. 

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/